You ARE NOT lazy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, May 4, 2011.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I know that some of you get accused of being flat out lazy and you know that you are not. Now, my question to you is, do YOU ever wonder about that? Many times I have had to look at a mess or something that needs to be dusted or vacuumed and say, oh well, not today and I wonder sometimes am I just getting lazy? Being a slacker? Am I using my fibro as an excuse?

But the last 2 weeks I have been on Savella and my pain and fatigue are all but gone for now so now I come home and clean the kitchen and cook dinner, etc. Just reassures me that I am not lazy. If I don't do it, it is because I can't, not because I won't.
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I just read your post and I am happy that you found a medication that will work for you, I have tried so many different kinds to help ease the pain and not be on strong pain meds. But every time I try a new med I get the strange side effects, or it costs too much .I have tried Cymblata and it made me feel strange, tingley, not normal, I was spacey at times and just felt like my body would not work right. So I stopped it . Thankfully I had only been on it for a month but the weird side effects started with in days of taking it.

I wish that I could find some thing that would work for me like the savella does for you. i can't afford it because on my insurance plan it is a tier 3 $79.00 for 30 days. That is more than I pay for all 5 of my scripts together. So I won't be trying it any time soon. Lyricia is also a tier 3 so that is not an option, and have had strange side effects with medications all my life, it is not some thing new that came with the fibro. I think that I have had fibro since I was about 3 or 4 yrs old. I am doing ok today and that is good.
    I am happy for you good luck and have a good day.
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Most of us are such type a personalities, I don't think we could be lazy.
    I would describe it as cautious. It's hard to push when you know it will make you even sicker.

In fact, I have had to stop pushing, I'm afraid I'll push so much I wont have nothing to work with when they can make this go away!!

4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Well said, Kat.