You are stronger than you know

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Apr 3, 2011.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I want to encourage you all with this thought. In the midst of your pain and fatigue and brain fog, in the midst of disability and the mayhem that your illness had created in your life, you ARE stronger than you know.

I was dx'd with fibro 7 years ago. Since that time, I have had pain 99.9 of my days. I wake up with it and if I don't, it comes along later in the day. Unless it is particularly bad, I really do not even pay it much attention, other than to take a pain pill.

But how many people do I know, do you know, who could deal with what you do day in and day out? Many of the "normal" people you see around you every day would crumble under the weight of what you have to bear and yet you live it and deal with it every day.

At the end of the day, you have survived another day with an illness that most cannot even fathom - pain and fatigue and a host of other things to deal with and no cure in sight and yet, no matter how bad things are, no matter how white your knuckles are from holding on, you are a surviver and much stronger than you know.

God Bless,
  2. roge

roge Member

wow, what a beautiful and powerful post sonya, so true and thank you for writing it!
  3. Scapper

Scapper New Member

You're right!!!!!!

It's difficult to "feel" strong when you're inundated w/ symptoms every day, BUT, every once in a while I get a reminder. Someone I know will get a cold (or something) and they are all cranky b/c they are not 100% -- I'm amazed!

Not that I'm judging or anything (haha) -- but it certainly is a testament to one's own strength.

4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

bc this is such a good reminder and sometimes we really need to be reminded of this bc we can get so down on ourselves
  5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Thank you for posting such a wonderful and truthful reminder. I absolutely agree with you 100%. It's so important for us all to remember this, especially on our worst days.

Thanks again Sonya!

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That we are heros and heroines for just keepin' on keepin on under such burdens as we carry day in and day out. Pain and exhaustion are bad enough but many of us also have to deal with relationship issues and financial issues as well.

We are the only ones who understand what each of us goes through and that is what makes this place, and our wonderful members, so essential to our strength to carry on. I pray for us all every day.

Love, Mikie
  7. MsE

MsE New Member

You posted your message just in time! I have radiation coming up soon. Had a lumpectomy at the end of Jan, but due to a large hematoma haven't been able to go to the next step. It scares me. I have had CFS for over eleven years, and I'm 76. Radiation is, I'm told, exhausting. So, I can't help wondering if I'll be able to function at all. Also, I'm very fair skinned, so the burns are a worry. I hope you are right, dear Sonya. I hope I am stronger than I think I am. Thanks for your uplifting post. Sincerely, MsE
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2011]