You can take TOO MUCH Flax.....A word of caution....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Feb 11, 2003.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

Milled Flax seed has helped me much with pain and some with my depression. I also learned that too much of anything can be bad.

I notice my skin on my face getting real dry and also my hair. I also notice getting real nervous during this time.

I made a link and cut back on the milled FLAX seed and I am enjoying the benefits that I first got from flax. I wouldn't recommend more then 1 TableSpoon after you have been on Flax for a month or 2 months. Most of your defiency levels that Flax is helping with is properly leveled by then and continuing with too much Flax can cause a reverse in all the good it is suppose to be doing. (including healthy skin, hair and digestion)

Below is a message from a message board from a person with same problems I had:

"Or maybe you are taking too much flax seed oil. I have been eating ground flax seed for several months and started getting the rough skin and flaking heels and dry hair. I had read that too much Omega 3 oil causes the same symptoms as too little. I cut the amount by almost a half and in just a few days the symptoms were gone. Ah, yes-Balance."