You Don't Want to Sell Avon

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TeaBisqit, Aug 22, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I'm getting too many problem customers wanting to scam for free stuff. I'm not sure it's worth it for me to keep trying to do this.

Tonight, I had one customer go to my helper and try to claim that the set she ordered wasn't what she ordered, and then she tried to say that it was missing a piece in the bag, too. None of it was true. It clearly states on her receipt that she ordered the set. She pre paid for the set and had that receipt for a month. I packed the bag myself and stapled it shut so nothing would fall out. And I watched my helper on the building's security monitor bring it down to her. And we had the customer sign that she got her order. There was nothing missing from the bag. She's trying to scam to keep one cologne. And I said if she wants to return the set, she must return the entire five pieces of the set. The set is the product she ordered. I'm waiting to hear if she wants to return it or if she realizes her scam isn't going to work.

Thank God for my helper, because I couldn't have dealt with this tonight. I'm flaring and dying. They go to her with complaints. She delivers the orders for me and she collects the money for me. I don't have to do the running around. And she speaks Spanish and gets me the Spanish orders. She told me she might move, though, so I'm hoping she'll stay. I don't think I could do this without her. And I really don't think I can deal with crazy customers.

I am considering taking a digital pic of the contents of each order just so no one can pull this again. Then I can shove the pic at them and say, this is what was in your bag.

I haven't even made any money yet. So to me, it's starting to be more problems than it's worth. Avon is not the easy job people make it seem.
  2. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

And I got stick with everyones orders-people who order then not have the money to pay for it so at that it came out of my pocket! Taking pictures sounds like a great idea! Take care!
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've been trying to get them to prepay. So far, it mostly worked with that. The only ones who haven't paid me are my helper and her son. My helper claims she will give me some money when she gets her check. If her son won't cough up the money for his order, I'm going to tell her I can't hold it any longer and I'm shipping it back. I didn't give them any products without money.

I don't see any other way to sell it. They have to prepay just as though they were buying it online.

I have such a headache from all this tonight. One more problem out of this customer and I'm not letting her order any more from me. She can just sit and watch everyone else in the building get orders from me.
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Somehow, my helper managed to smooth out the stuff with the customer. And today I got more orders from other customers. So far, I think this will be the first campaign where I actually see a profit. I should earn about fifty dollars on this order, that's after the stuff I ordered for myself and the catalogs. But I'll know for sure when I get the invoice. It's about half my car insurance bill, so at least it's something. I'm going to try to hang in there with it. It's not easy, though.
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Instead of taking a picture, I would simply go over the contents while you are delivering the product. Then have them sign off, or initial they received what they ordered.

Taking a picture really would not prevent them from still saying something was missing, but if you go through the order when you deliver it, have them sign the receipt acknowledging the order is correct, it will stop them.

Yes, people are con artists sometimes and will deliberately try to pull things. You might ask other associates what their procedures are to help avoid these situations.
  6. DrMomknows

DrMomknows New Member

Getting into this, thanks for the tip, I probably won't now.
  7. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I just lost a sale today because the woman refused to prepay for her order. She said first she gets the stuff, then she pays. And both me and my helper said no. If she's messing with paying now, she could mess with paying when the stuff comes in. Times have changed. I will not do business unless they prepay just as though they were ordering something online. When you order online, you pay first, then you wait to get your stuff, and that is how I work. I'm not chasing anyone for the money or getting stuck with unpaid orders. The shipping to send the stuff back starts at seven dollars and goes up depending on how much stuff there is to send back. The Avon rep has to pay for return shipping.

Time will tell how worth it this is. But I've had more headaches with it than not, and it's getting annoying. But I need the money.