you have to read this!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phenom, Nov 18, 2002.

1. phenom

phenom New Member

my application for disability pension was rejected as some of you may already know, but today they sent me a letter with the reason. Its unbelievable! I told them i'm housebound and sleeping 18 hours a day on average and that i have intense pain in every joint and muscle...this is what they said: your disability is considered mild to moderate which means your "symptoms are irritating or unpleasant but which rarely prevent completion of any activity. Symptoms may cause loss of efficiency in daily activities but minimal interference performing or persisting with work related tasks. There is minimal effect/impact on work attendance." WHAT THE ....? i don't know whether to laugh or cry. i have already started the appeals process and the lady i spoke to looked at my info and said "they've stuffed this up haven't they" so back to SS for more appointments with their medical professionals who i find "irritating and unpleasant" hehe - here goes nothin!

phenom
  2. phenom

phenom New Member

my application for disability pension was rejected as some of you may already know, but today they sent me a letter with the reason. Its unbelievable! I told them i'm housebound and sleeping 18 hours a day on average and that i have intense pain in every joint and muscle...this is what they said: your disability is considered mild to moderate which means your "symptoms are irritating or unpleasant but which rarely prevent completion of any activity. Symptoms may cause loss of efficiency in daily activities but minimal interference performing or persisting with work related tasks. There is minimal effect/impact on work attendance." WHAT THE ....? i don't know whether to laugh or cry. i have already started the appeals process and the lady i spoke to looked at my info and said "they've stuffed this up haven't they" so back to SS for more appointments with their medical professionals who i find "irritating and unpleasant" hehe - here goes nothin!

phenom
  3. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Sorry to hear about your denial. People just don't get it do they? Keep your chin up and keep on fighting. Hopefully, things will turn out for you! HUGS!!!!!queenbee
  4. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

Hi there,
    I have much the same problem, I have been turned down once for disability benefit and twice for disabled parking. I am also filing for ill health retirement from work. I am really scared I am not going to get that either. These people give such feeble reasons for turning you down. I considered myself worthy for disabled parking as I cannot walk outside of my house now. My husband said if I do not get retirement from work he will take me in the wheelchair to do my job, which is bathing and dressing other individuals and taking them to drs appointments ect.
    I know just how frustrated you feel all I can suggest is to keep trying no matter what, good luck.
    Pat
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2002]
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Get a good attorney who will suggest a doc who can document your disability. Almost everybody gets turned down and receives the same form letter. Do not ever let anything SS does get to you. You must learn to play the SS game and your attorney, if s/he is a good one, will help you. It's not logical; nothing SS does is logical, so don't expect it and you will not be disappointed or outraged (neither is good for you). My hearing was scheduled for Dec 9, but the judge is taking early retirement so they cancelled it and my atty and I are just waiting. It will soon be two years since I applied. Patience is a must when dealing with SS.

Love, Mikie
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

What a ridiculous response to your condition! Mikie is right, get a good attorney.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

My hubby got turned down the first time this must be a form letter.He apealed,we didnt have a lawyer though didnt want to pay them.Our dr sent info and their drs saw him,belive it or not he got it on depression that we mentioned only once big mistake should have put it down from beginning I guess on first form we got it the 2nd try.Dont give up .It usually takes 2 years to get it.Unless u have a life threating illness.Our work comp lawyer told us to do it ourselves the first 2 times and if we didnt get it then get a lawyer.As for the disable parking get a form from your dr then appy. LindaGa
  8. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

Claims often aren't approved on the first try. When I was rejected my social security advisor encouraged me to try again.