you know what annoys me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Mar 27, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

when someone tells me I look really well!!!

you cant exactly turn round and say I am dying inside
    every morning I dont want to wake up
    everynight I dont want to go to bed
    every hour spent on the internet looking for a cure
    night and days crying with the pain and sickness

other than that I am fine (not)

clertyx

2. swehling

swehling New Member

Wow- I feel the same way. I get the same you look younger (I'm 44) stuff. I have the family gene younger thing too.
    When I'm in a lot of pain, I just don't wear make-up and dress as minimal(blah clothes) as possible. But I always try to be up beat and people expect you to look and be really haggard- Oh well- sometimes I wish I could just wear a sign that says "I'm in pain leave me alone"
    Susan
  3. paige51

paige51 New Member

People tell me all the time how nice I look, but do not know what or how i am really feeling on the inside.

Don't try to explain your condition or sickness to them because they will not even try to understand. Onte thing I really hate is to be compared to someone else.

Although I am not one to blow my own horn, I must admit on my good day I really stand out.

try to keep your appearance up. Don't give up.

hang in there
    paige51
  4. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Hi everyone! I, too, have the "young" genes from my parents (not a lot of years, but a few) but it is usually very evident when I am in pain because it shows in my eyes. They have always been a sign of what I was feeling and I've been told more than once that I could be read like a book because of them.

I've been in physical therapy since I fell at work this past November. I finally told the doctor yesterday that the therapy was killing me and that I couldn't tell if my knees were better or not because everything hurt. Even my therapist could tell when I came in when I was feeling like crap. And it's all because of the eyes. Of course, the limp tends to give it away too.

My daughter knows immediately when I'm having a bad time and I think my husband is finally getting a clue. He actually has begun to look at me and say "well, you don't look like you feel like doing anything tonight" which has been a blessing. His "awareness" may be gone when I get home tonight, but at least I know that he is capable of seeing when I'm unable to do things.

Sorry, but that tended to ramble a bit. I just understand that people who aren't walking with a cane or in a wheelchair can actually still be sick. It's literally a pain when someone says "you don't look like you feel bad at all." They are so totally clueless.

Gentle Hugs,
    Pam
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Paige, I can really relate to what you said. I hate, hate, hate when people say "oh I know so and so that has fibro and she/he tried this and it worked so well for them, you should try that". Did I mention the word hate.

It does no good to explain anything to anybody unless it is people you love and care about and they love and care about you. I have never been one to wear t-shirts with messages on them but ya' know what, I'm getting feisty in my middle years and may start to wear them yet!
    Pamela
  6. 139864

139864 New Member

I AM TWO FACED !!! I have one for outdoors & the one that only my nearest & dearest see .

I still get the odd compliment even at my time of life & I have to admit ..It does make me feel a little better :)

Have you read my poem ...But You Don't Look Sick ...Maybe you should download it ..

Stay well B
    Brenda uk
  7. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

As with me, it may be in your best interest to have loved ones "catch" you sleeping. I don't enjoy deception but if you really think about it, IT ISN'T!

Dr. Carol Ann Ryser says that for viral based CFS, every cell in the body is damaged. It takes ~6 months for the body to rebuild itself after the virus is erradicated.
  8. clerty

clerty New Member

we need to get with it regardless!!!

clertyx
  9. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

Especially when it is your own family!! I finally got my husband to read some literature so he could understand and he has been much better.
    My dad and his B@#$h wife have decided that i am just a drug addict and a hypocondriac. Neither one of them has looked up my condition they just sit on their pedistals and judge me and tell my kids that I am just lazy and I expect the world to support me. That is what really hurts!! My dad never paid child support to my mother when we were growing up and he has custody of my youngest son and makes sure that I get charged every penny!! Then he fills my sons head up with bullcrap to the point that for awhile he was starting to disrespect me.
    I got on him about that and my son and I are cool now but my dad and his wife still dont get it and dont care to.

My 2 older sons 23 and 19 dont get it either!! They dont get that i dont have the money to shell out to them all the time. They are grown!! The oldest lives with me and my husband and doesnt pay rent, talks to us like something he found on his shoe, and refuses to help around the house even picking up after himself!!!!
    It hurts so much that my family is like that to me when i am already in so much pain physically. Mentally they are really doing a number on me. I feel guilty cause I had my disability denyed and my husband works all the time to make ends meet and he has his own problems with his feet!!!
    I love him very much and it hurts to see him in pain and I cant help cause i have my own pain and Im tired all the time. Life really sucks right now!
    Wow where did that come from? I think I have issues, sorry for the rant but I feel a little better now! Tam