You know what I like about this site & board...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RockiAZ, Apr 20, 2006.

1. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

We all come from different parts of the world, walk different paths of life and yet this DD brought us all together as one.

On this board we come to learn, to share, to encourage, to inspire, to make friends and maybe to get away from it all with a joke or two. We understand, we support, we trust, we are sympathetic, we get angry, we laugh and we cry.

Although some of us may not be on the board every day or may not be able to read or respond to every post, at least we can get our feelings out in the open knowing that someone else cares & and shares along with us. That alone can help us feel "better".

We may not always agree with opinions of others. We may not be able to read certain topics because it's too painful or maybe it's not your thing. Whether or not we read or respond is our choice. No matter why we came to this board doesn't matter. What does matter is that we DO have a place like this to come to.

I just wanted to express how greatful I am to have found this board and know that there are others just like me.

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki

One more little quote: "Laughter Is The Best Medicine"
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2006]
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Thanks Rocki, You have expressed so well what many of us feel every day. This really is a wonderful place where we can finally feel at home.

Kathy.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2006]
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I only wish that I had your talent for words!Linda
  4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I have wanted to express the very same feelings but have never been able to put it into written words.
  5. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Thank you for your replies - I am humbled.

Ouch - that is very funny stuff! Thanks for the laugh. Another stupid law here....you must wear a seatbelt while in a car, but you DON'T have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle...hmmmmm? (my hubby & I do though)

Rocki
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

Thank-you for your post about this board. You yourself are a very thoughtful person. I remember when I made my first post, you were one that welcomed me, and I remember you from that. I was so lonely w/ ths DD and somehow found this site and board. It has helped me so much. I want to say thankyou to everyone else out there for your neverending and overwhelming support. I love you guys!!!!

Kriket
  7. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

I feel the same, this board is awesome. I visit the site every few days to check in and see how everyone is doing and I am so grateful for all of the information, the support and encouragement of people who are dealing with the same issues that I am.
    The common thread that binds us together is the same one that makes us empathetic.
    "Live, Laugh, Love" I'm going to paint that on my wall.
    Thanks, Nanna
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

Nobody has said it better...thank you for reading my (our) minds!

You are so thoughtful and encouraging, and I'm sure many of us have benefitted from that.

BTW, see my post to you today.

Love ya!
    findmind
  9. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

...but I am far more open with all of you than I am with my own family. This board is a unique place of support and love and total acceptance. You are my relatives now too!

And, Ouch, I think those sound like nice places to live. :) I wonder if in Phoenix the guys are ever allowed to take their pants off at some point? lol Thanks for the laughs!

To share a very very old joke that still cracks me up:
    There was a law in a certain town that women couldn't appear in public without wearing stockings. These were the days when stockings still had a seam running up the back of the leg. But then the ones without seams were invented. Policemen, baffled, could no longer tell for sure which women were wearing stockings and which ones weren't. They said to the sargent, "How can we tell who's wearing them and who isn't?" The sergent thought, and said, "Pinch 'em."

Now if anybody besides me finds that funny, do tell, because no one I've told it to has laughed yet! lololol 'Cause I have a one from the same 1930s joke book about oysters and a cheeky waiter that I'd love to share some time. ;)

((((love & hugs)))) Shannon
  10. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I agree, I too tell you guys things that I don't tell others. I think because I know you guys can relate and understand better.

Even if no gives me advice, I am just as happy to be able to vent here.

I have learned so much from the site, that makes it priceless. Even things that have nothing to do with my fms/tos/depression.

I miss you guys when I don't get time on my computer. I feel like I need to just be here, even if it's just reading others post.

You guys always make me feel welcomed and like I have known you all my life. Although you don't know my personal info that we can't share. I still feel like you guys live next door and I feel very safe here.

I couldn't thank the monitors enough for watching over us like they do, to protect us.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Love, Teri
    (I am finally using my real name, that's how comfortable you make me feel).
  11. sues1

sues1 New Member

Thanks for what you wrote and you said it so well.

The other day I thought.......about all the great, thoughtful, kind and smart people on this board.

We just say what we think. Ask questions on almost anything.
    everyone has a special insight in some subject or another.

Yet when we go to the store, doctors or elsewhere, would we smile at each other, say Hello? Would we recognize there specialness?

So lets start looking at people as if they could be from here. Give a smile and a warm hello when you pass them, or stop to let them by you.

The world would be a lot better...as it is said here....
    Live, Laugh and Love........Blessings.......Susan

[ advertisement ]