You know you have fibro when-------

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ggks, Feb 10, 2003.

1. ggks

ggks New Member

I thought this might be a good topic. I can use a good laugh. It always makes me feel better if I have a good belly laugh. ggks
  2. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

your heating pad looks more inviting than your husband at night!!
  3. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

Snap, Crackle, Pop isn't just the noise your cereal makes
  4. phenom

phenom New Member

you get excited about a trip to the pharmacy to pick up pain meds!

phenom
  5. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

nobody believes you anymore....
  6. imalive

imalive New Member

the freezer is the first place I look when I cant find my check book.

one time I completely turned the house upside doun and asked any one who had been there in the last week if they seen it. Anyway I pulled out the last frozen pizza for the week and I found it.
    just thaught I'd share
    thank you for the laugh I needed it even if its at myself
    imalive
  7. herekitty

herekitty New Member

it takes you 2 hours to get geared up enough to go to the store. When you get out to the car, you can't remember where you are going. If you do remember where you are going, you don't remember how to get there. If you do make it to the store, you can't remember what it was you came to buy. If you actually make it to the checkout with what you came to buy, it doesn't matter anyway, because your checkbook is at home in the freezer!
    Kitty =^..^=
  8. 2girls

2girls New Member

Your therapeutic "accessories" (heating pad, heated matress, neck bean bags, etc) become more valuable than your heirloom jewelery.
    2girls
  9. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

People asume you're drunk because you keep bumping into walls :)
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For illness related medical info, but I know we can all use a laugh from time to time. That's why our Webmaster created the Chit Chat Forum. They have all kinds of jokes over there, along with recipes, and all kinds of posts. It's a place where you can pretty much discuss anything and kick back and forget about your aches and pains for a while when you need a break.

Click on "Message Boards" at the strip at the top of the page and it will take you to a list of our other sites. Many here like the Worship Forum for asking for prayer, although you can do that on the Chit Chat Forum too.

Love, Mikie
  11. JBPlymouth

JBPlymouth New Member

Since there are appropriate boundaries in the message boards, is it possible to have boundaries in the chatrooms? Can people please leave their sexual orientation discussions out of the chatrooms so we can discuss our health issues? We can't discuss religion or politics, how about adding in-your-face homosexuality to that list? It seems to me that there are plenty of websites all over the Internet where that can be discussed.

Thanks.
  12. JanetNC

JanetNC New Member

JB...whether you know it or not, I was in the chatroom the day that the discussion occurred that you are talking about. I am a moderator on the chatroom program. You simply didnt like the persons name. That chatter has every right to have her name the same as you have the right to your name. It is not a degrading nickname which is the only rule pertaining to acceptable nicknames. There was no talk about sexual acts at all. Everything was all well and good for you as long as the straight(as far as you know) chatter was talking about her engagement and upcomming wedding but when the other chatter mentioned that she had become engaged and someone esle mentioned that she could get married in vermont...that is when you got upset. You said you were going to take a break because you didnt agree with that...but yet you didnt...you stayed to continue to argue your point. You have a right to your opinion but the others have a right to theirs as well. It is a support forum. People support each other...you jumped on this chatter the minute they walked in even going so far as asking if they had the right room. We dont care what anyones sexual orientation is in that room...we dont discuss it. I really didnt see what there was to offend you other than the name which didnt offend anyone else.

My two cents.
  13. starstella

starstella New Member

washing your hair is like an olympic event
  14. tandy

tandy New Member

Yesterday my 10 yr old called out to me"Ma,what time is it" and I looked at the clock and said "its 12 dollars and 45 cents" He looked at me like I was nuts!!LOL
    We both laughed~
    (senior moments can't be worse!!??)
  15. foxylady57

foxylady57 New Member

you are a better weather forecaster than the weatherman.

I have to laugh at myself and you all, if not I would cry. This stuff is so true. I have looked for something for hours and when my husband gets home he finds it right away. It(whatever it may be at the time) is generally in plain sight and I never saw it--AT ALL!!!

16. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

going to dye my hair yesterday. I knew I'd bought the stuff, just didn't know where I put it. Looked in the bathroom on all the shelves, not there. Looked all over the house. Didn't find it. Thought, maybe I left it out in the truck. Not in the truck.
    Went back in the bathroom to pee. Looked up at top shelf (an open shelf, mind you), and there it was! in front, nothing blocking it, plain as day. Can't see the forest for the trees? Man!