You know your Flaring when...........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Mar 22, 2007.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

you cancel a doctors appointment cause your too sick to go.
    This is ridiculus! people go to the drs cause they're sick. and I'm too sick to go to the drs.
    Make sense???
    This has happened way more than once.
    Anyone else???
    or do you just FORCE your way there.?

just curious
    Thanks for reading :)
    Tandy
  2. jole

jole Member

I've cancelled appointments more than once for migraines or severe fatigue. My doc seems to understand, but doubt that anyone else would(but people on this board)! There were times I was just too fatigued to take a shower or ride in the car that far....

Wouldn't that in itself prove something???? Guess not!
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

2 Ladies who replied to me here~

Take care :)
  4. Suzan

Suzan New Member

But I know how you feel! I don't think I have had to cancel..but there are so many days..that if I had an appointment...it would be such a struggle to keep it! I usually try to make appt. these days when my husband can be hear to drive me..sometimes that means he is leaving work a bit early...but it makes it so much easier on me when I don't have to do the drive as well as the appointment! I have forced myself to go at times..and always end up coming home totally exhausted...FMS SUCKS. that is just the way of it I guess.
  5. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

It is ironic that we feel too bad to even walk from the house to the car much less try to drive.

Suzette
  6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Tandy,

I usually make two appts if the doc's offices will let me and explain that I have fibromyalgia and that my health is very unpredictable. I'll do it for dental appts, yearly gyno. exams and things like that where the appt isn't urgent. They're usually pretty understanding.

If it's something else where I need more urgent medical attention, I try to force myself to go if I can, but it's very hard. I know exactly where you're coming from!

Hugs, Erika
  7. LACurrry

LACurrry New Member

This has happened to me a few times. I can't stand it when I have to cancel. And then, when the people in the office act as if they do not understand it just adds to the aggravation. Sorry. :(
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

for your warm kind answers to my post~

The perfect understanding from all of you is a blessing
    to me :)

Hugs
    Tandy

9. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Oh yes, once I cancelled three times beore a first accupuncture appointment, I was sleeping 20 hours a day! I could do nothing to stay awake, theres no way I could force myself.

Othertimes, I do push myself. It just depends.
  10. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

Hey Tandy!

I had to cancel the first appointment for my neural scan last month. I was having one of my killer headaches & since I don’t have anyone to drive me & my doctor is about an hour away...I just couldn’t do it!!! The woman who does the testing charges $25.00 if you don’t give 24 hour notice. But when I called about 6 hours before my appointment & told her about my headache & that I’ve been diagnosed with fibro., she told me not to worry about the $25.00 cancellation fee. I thought that was very nice!!!

I do agree that if we could get someone to do drive us to our doctor appointments then we would probably miss less of them. In my case, my entire family lives in a different State so if I can’t concentrate on the road, then I’m going to have to cancel.

Fibro DOES suck!!!

I hope you're doing well Tandy!!!
  11. Ouch4017

Ouch4017 New Member

It is ironic isn't it, but it is soooo true!! I actually try to force myself to go when I'm really bad because then I can have the doctor add to my list of all the new aches and pains!

If it's something other than an FM checkup, that's a different story.....
  12. froggyfog

froggyfog New Member

I canceled my sleep deprived EEG scheduled this morning. (you can see my other post about the EEG for more info about it)

I had almost made it. I had only slept the 3 hours as required. It was 6:15AM....the only problem was the appt was at 9:30.

Anyway I ended up canceling....I just couldn't not stay up any later, I felt horrible.

So add me to the list.

FroggyFog