You name it, it hurts!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Nov 11, 2002.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I've gone into a terrible flare. I hurt from my face to my toes. My feet turn red and are very hot to touch. My hands esp. my left had has been hurting so bad I just want to keep it balled up and not use it. My back hurts so bad that just sitting here typing hurts. It seems all I do is sleep, wake to take meds, and go back to sleep. I feel so awful sleeping all the time. I feel neglectful to my family. My husband is being so wonderful about this. He says my body must need all the sleep I'm getting. I have developed such a negative attitude about my fm. I don't mean to be negative it just feels my only reason in life is to SLEEP. My husband tells me that I should try to accept the fact that I'm ill and learn to live with a more positive outlook. It's easier said the done. I know I have been over doing it lately but sometimes, days I might not feel like sleeping, I try to "make" up what has been neglected. I know I shouldn't but I can't handle my house out of sorts. My husband and kids do try to help but it's not fair to expect him to work 7 days a week (he has to) and then come home and do the house work. He hasn't complain about it I just feel guilty. Sorry for being so negative but thank you for listening to me.

Crissie
  2. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I've gone into a terrible flare. I hurt from my face to my toes. My feet turn red and are very hot to touch. My hands esp. my left had has been hurting so bad I just want to keep it balled up and not use it. My back hurts so bad that just sitting here typing hurts. It seems all I do is sleep, wake to take meds, and go back to sleep. I feel so awful sleeping all the time. I feel neglectful to my family. My husband is being so wonderful about this. He says my body must need all the sleep I'm getting. I have developed such a negative attitude about my fm. I don't mean to be negative it just feels my only reason in life is to SLEEP. My husband tells me that I should try to accept the fact that I'm ill and learn to live with a more positive outlook. It's easier said the done. I know I have been over doing it lately but sometimes, days I might not feel like sleeping, I try to "make" up what has been neglected. I know I shouldn't but I can't handle my house out of sorts. My husband and kids do try to help but it's not fair to expect him to work 7 days a week (he has to) and then come home and do the house work. He hasn't complain about it I just feel guilty. Sorry for being so negative but thank you for listening to me.

Crissie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. But things will get better soon.

Your husband sounds like mine, if it hurts, and your body wants to sleep, then sleep! You know, they are right.

I used to feel guilty too, but learn that those type of negative feelings only make you feel worst. Just realize that its the Fibro, not you that is the sickness!

I used to feel good, and try to catch up on all those things I couldn't do at one time. Well it only makes matters worst. Just stop before you are exausted next time.

Believe me, the work will be there when you get around to it. It does not hurt anyone either.

As for the children helping, that is good for them, don't feel guilty about them doing a little work.

I raise three of my own,( and my grandson for 5 years), my children washed their own clothes as soon as they hit around 12 years old. They also learned to keep their rooms clean, and pick up after themselves. It made then better adults! At least they knew how to do things for themselves.

None of us like an upset house, but hay, no one ever died from it. It beats being as sick as you are.

You stay down till you feel better, and at least be very thankful that you have a good husband too!

Shalom, Shirl