You R In my prayers. I need advice..maybe diverticulitus ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Jan 14, 2003.

1. achy

achy New Member

I must really be stressed. the pain is bearable, but I am cold one minute and sweating the next. Unalbe to sleep, even wiht meds. Either too cold or too hot.
    Then...I wake up yesterday to blood in ym stool (yuck)
    I felt neauseated all day and finally got sick...then I felt better. Just ate rice/peas for dinner wiht small piesce of chiken. This am I feel better, still a little blood...tried to call Doc office but he is out of town till Monday!! What good is a doc that's never there. this is also the one that didn't send my records to SS for my disability...and I got denied. (my source of major stress this week.)
    I hate to go to somebody I don;t know for a problem like this....but it really has me freaked out. Has anybody has symptoms like this? I'm thinking diverticulitis? Have family history...

thanks
    Achy
  2. darlamk

darlamk New Member

Hi Achy, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. Bloody stools can mean a lot of things- is there a lot of mucus in them too? Have you been checking your temperature? My mom has diverticulitis and gets put on antibiotics when it flares. If you are having abdominal pain, blood in stools,etc, its not a good idea to wait until Monday. I think you should see someone as soon as you can & not wait for your Dr to get back. Who knows? Maybe this is a way to get hooked up to a better Dr that will do his paperwork! Take care & keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Sincerely,
    Darla
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And it turned out to be precancerous polyps in my colon. Yours may be a completely different situation, but it does need to be checked. See a gastroenterologist (sp?). Your PCP should be able to recommend a good one.

I was 5 years overdue for a colonoscopy and my biological father died of colon cancer. I was very stupid to take such a chance. The blood in my stool was a wakeup call for me, especially because it was dark blood, indicating that it was not from hemorrhoids but further up. I will not miss my next colonoscopy. The polyps were removed before they turned completely cancerous. Colon cancer is very slow growing, thank God.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing. Take care and my prayers are with you.

Love, Mikie
  4. achy

achy New Member

God lord, if its not one thing it's another. Had 2nd bowel mobement and notice bloody mucus..God this is so gross...but If I can't talk to you guys who do I have? Nobody. It helps just to taklk

Anywho..I am going to see a new internal med doc @ the same clinic my PCP is at...that should piss him off!! When I emplained my symtoms they said to get in today....Oh Boy

I should add that I am 41...I do have IBS..have has it since childhood (stressful kid). I am praying that's all it is. I am broke from all the FM Dr. visits and tests. I was supposed to go for Nerve Con. tests today, but cancelled them....I can only deal wiht one thing at a time!!

I just don't feel well, I run low grade body temps anyway...usually 97.4...but it's been up to 98.8...which I guess is a fever for me. I am very cold one minute, then sweating the next.

You know they say God won't give you any more than you can handle....Well, not to question, but I'm not so sure about that right now.

God bless you all...thanks for all your support.
    I know, this too shall pass....@#$*&!!)$^!

Gentle hugs and warm fuzzies
    Achy