You Said You Were Stopping for Coffee...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by petemora, Jan 31, 2011.

1. petemora

petemora Member

...but you never came. Yesterday, I put the coffeepot on at 9 o'clock and stood out in the porch waiting for you, but you never came. I kept going in and out of the house, keeping a watch out so I could give you a good, warm greeting when you got here, but you never came.

Finally, at 11 o'clock, I sorta gave up. I sat on the couch all by myself, wondering what had happened to you. I tried to get interested in doing something, but I couldn't.

Well, you finally showed up at 1:30! 1:30 p.m.! Don't you know, I only have a "good" couple of hours a day, if I'm lucky, and they're in the morning. 1:30 p.m.! That's when I'm hurting the most and resting, every day! You KNOW that! Most days, it's a struggle to stay up until 4 p.m. but that's my goal. 4 p.m. Then I can take my pain/sleep meds and go to bed! Many days, I only make it until 2 p.m. But YOU KNOW THAT! I've explained my symptoms to you, and I do let you know occasionally how I'm feeling, so I shouldn't have to tell you again, should I?

So, I tried to have a nice visit with you anyway - you did notice that I was in my pajamas, didn't you? And that was that.

But today, you did it again! You said you were coming for coffee, so I started watching out for you around 9 a.m. This time, I didn't make fresh coffee, I thought I would wait until you got here. Pretty soon it was 10 a.m., then 10:30, but you never came. Finally, you did come, at 11:05 a.m. There was no coffee made and I picked a fight with my husband and then told you how it felt to be me! And, you cried, and I cried, and you listened. You listened like you were finally hearing me for the first time!

Did you really hear me this time?

2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

... very well. I can totally identify with your experience. I pray your friend came to really understand you better.