You Won't Believe this!! - A letter from Montel Williams today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crumpton, Feb 28, 2006.

1. crumpton

crumpton New Member

Remember our letter campaign, back when ???? We all wrote letters to Laura Bush, Montel Williams, and I can't even remember who else it has been so long ago.

Well today I received a letter from Montel telling me thank you for writing and that my letter would be passed on to the producers because this is where the ideas for the shows come from. Viewers like me! Well...

I had almost forgotten about my letters. This is the first response and only what two years later.

Oh Well, better late than never, I guess
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Wow, that's great!
    With him having MS, I'm sure he would be interested in learning more about our conditions ,possible research and treatment.:)
    Keep us posted on any info.:)
    Claudia
  3. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

Out of all the show hosts I really like Montel. I believe he
    really cares about people.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2006]
  4. CinCA

CinCA New Member

Hope it makes it past the producers and they finally decide to air a show. With so many people suffering, it's about time these DDs got some press.

Good luck!
    C.
  5. neen85

neen85 New Member

I had totally forgotten about those letters! I bet that was SOME surprise! Congrats! I hope it does not end there though! Daneen
  6. Rene

Rene New Member

Wow that is great! Even though it took awhile. I guess if OPRAH had CFS on her show a few years ago Montel can have it on too!
    Rene

His book Mountain move out of My Way is REALLY REALLY good!!
  7. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I was surprised and a little excited to get a letter from him. I was mostly shocked how long it took and it gave me a good laugh.

It would have been really great if he offered an all expense paid trip to his show. I would have fainted and then been to scared to go on.

Thanks for telling me about his book. I will have to check it out.

8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

but the only problem is that his show comes on at 11 AM here and I'm just getting up or washing up and unable to watch the show. :( I know, I should tape it.

Thanks for letting us know Crumpton!

Hugs,
    Faye
  9. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

is his show on tv, i'm in Va & have direct tv.

I want to start tivoing him..please tell me

can you email his show too?
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I remember those letters!! I wrote them, too.

Maybe Montel gets soooooo much mail, that his staff just now got to your letter!! LOL

Keep us posted if you get any additional responses!

Hugs,
    Janet
  11. crumpton

crumpton New Member

Last year - I think it was there was a million letter compaign to different people to make them aware of fibro and the need for additional research and awareness of fibro.

I am sorry that I can't find all the address that we sent the letters to. I have them saved and my letter saved somewhere but I can't find them. I'll keep looking and let you know.

I think we wrote him and Oprah in care of their network (Ex. CBS, NBC) I don't know which or where.
    I threw away the letter and envelope and the garbage has already come. Sorry. But if you type in their network you can probably get their e-mails or address.

I don't know of anything that ever happened as a result of our letters but we swarmed them!! It made us feel better at the time. Maybe we need to do something like this again for us to have a positive goal and to unite us again.

Just guessing or hoping we get together on this site because I need the outlet.
  12. zonablues

zonablues New Member

I can not believe it has taken this long for a response. I hope they are looking into doing a show soon. His good buddy Sylvia Brown has told many people in his audience that they have FM when she is doing her psychic stuff.

Sorry, I am getting side tracked here. I bought the Million letter campaign t-shirt so here is the address...

Senior Supervising Producer
    Montel Williams Show
    433 West 53rd St.
    New York, NY 10019

We also sent the letters to 20/20(ABC News), FOX News, 60 minutes(CBS News) and the First Lady (White House).

Maybe we should keep pushing for some airtime! Kelly
  13. leubie

leubie New Member

HEY YALL---PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED AS I WAS NOT HERE THEN---BUT IF YOU EVER DO ANY THING LIKE IT AGAIN--IAM GAME--PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH--THIS IS SOOOOOO NEAT--LOVE TO ALL---LAURA
  14. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I hope that I don't have to go on the show!!!

I do not do well with stress but I also have chronic fatigue and would definately not leave that out!

Many people have more knowledge and have the ability to speak more intelligently about this subject than me.

I wish a show would be done somewhere, sometime so that we feel like our letter were not in vain.

When did we write these letters any way? How long ago was this?
  15. damz68

damz68 New Member

Hey he is quicker than disability! I guess it will take Mrs bush a little longer.

Just funing!
  16. Bambi

Bambi New Member

but I got a letter that sounds exactly the same way back in about 2002 maybe. It was some time ago though. I think it's pretty much a form type letter they send out and he either signs it or they have a good
    photo copy signature on it. Try erasing it and maybe you can tell. We were all writing him, Oprah and so many others back then too. Th eone place that has done a LOT of reports on FM at least, is Family Circle Magazine. They've been really good about it.

I think 20/20 did the expose' on the dr that was giving lectures saying FM was an "all in their heads" thing. He
    turned out to be working for the insurance industry. That was about the same time as our letters at that
    time, there have been many campaigns
    since.
  17. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Bambi:
    It might be a good idea if we do letter writing and campaigning on a regular basis. Every little bit helps.
    I just joined the research study on arthritis that someone posted yesterday (since I have that also). I got an e-mail that the study was coming out of the U of North Carolina and it would be forwarded there. I am still waiting for their contact back. I also expressed interest in Stanford's FM Study, but they felt I was a good candidate of U of NC.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  18. Bambi

Bambi New Member

all the time on my own too. We can't ever give up and I think we would do well to try to get that Mycoplasm guy
    Nicolson to work on getting a hearing
    on the subject on more about why so many have "stealth" infections. The problem is it's such an array of causes and the same infections etc don't make everyone ill. Anything else that had this many people ill and so many being diagnosed all the time would be called an epidemic. Why not this?

Everywhere I go now I meet someone that has it or their mother has it or someone they know. I think the numbers are MUCH bigger than being told.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/08/2006]
  19. Carol66

Carol66 New Member

I love Montel! I wrote Oprah back two months ago and nothing! Keep us posted!