You WONT believe THIS Arsenic treats CFS??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, Jan 10, 2007.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

You WONT believe this,,, 01/10/07 03:23 PM

Arsenic is sometimes used to treat lameness, and to treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in HORSES. TRUE ! Read it here.

http://cc.msnscache.com/cache.aspx?q=5049017577721&lang=en-US&mkt=en-US&FORM=CVRE4

2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I just read this and I'm still not sure I believe it. Interesting that Horses would get diagnoised with a disease that Humans get told doesn't exist.
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Arsenic used to be used as a treatment for syphilis, and it seems it worked sometimes. (This was depicted in the plot of "Out of Africa," if anyone has seen that movie.)

I don't know what its mechanism of action was. It's not inconceivable that it could have benefit for other diseases since this was the case, though.
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Sorry if this sounds either ignorant or silly...I certainly can't get this thought out of my head tho...

Have we eaten too many fast-food burgers????????????????

I have always been under the impression, from what I have always been told, that fast-food burgers are made of horse meat...

Are lame horses sent to meat markets? Why not?

Again, my posts have been strange lately (I think), but this is what is floating around my brain right now...

Once again, Elliespad is bringing things to 'light'...

The arsenic part of this issue is something I won't comment on...Just that I hear a NAY everytime I pass a McD's...Notice I said PASS...I don't eat that STUFF!

Peace~Alicia
  5. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Maybe we're next! Marie
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

Good one springrose.
  7. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I am not aware that horses are treated with arsenic for lameness here in the USA but maybe they are elsewhere.

I do believe that arsenic was used to treat humans for syphilis and dogs for heartworm. The idea was to give just enough to kill the pathogen/parasite and not the host. I'm sure it was used to treat other illness as well.

I have a horse who I believe may have CFS. She seems lethargic and has unexplained swelling of lymph nodes. Hard to know if she has exercise intolerance since I'm too sick to ask her to do anything. I got her about 2 weeks before I became ill and she is from Iceland.

Mamadove, it is illegal to slaughter horses for sale in the USA for human consumption. I believe there are 2 slaughter houses here that ship horse meet to Europe where it is eaten. YES, sick and lame horses are sold for slaughter although there is a fight now to change this. YES sick, lame and "down cows" (there was talk of banning down cows and there may be new laws now)are sent to slaughter for human consumption.

Don't foget, arsenic is a natural substance.

Shar

8. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Arsenic is added to feed for chickens to kill parasites.