YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KJH_10, Jan 26, 2006.

1. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

So, I get a call from the doctors today, and they wanted me to come in this morning. So I went into the doctors office and she told me that concerning my leg pain, I may have a DVT and they need me to go get tested. Now this is the same leg pain that I called about 3WEEKS AGO, and they said to take aleve for it, they thought it was related to my fall, But when I called back several times in the past week, they finally tell me to come in. IM FUMING. This is my health we are talking about. So I am going to get a vennious (SP?) in a couple hours. Has anyone ever had that done? and what is involved.
  2. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I have been out of the medical field for a long time but is dvt a deep vein thrombosis?? If so I am thinking you are having a venogram but they probly have much more sophisticated tests now.

I am thinking they will inject some dye to find out if there is a clot..What a bunch of fools to let you wait so long..good luck and let us know how you make out
  3. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Deep vein thrombosis, and usually they do the most non-invasive tests first. Which would be like an ultrasound, and it will show them if there is a lack of circulation in that area.

If so, they may go in and do something more invasive, like the other poster mentioned. I wish you luck and hope that it IS just a strained muscle!!

Take care and let us know, ok?? PG
  4. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

I mean, what exactly did it feel like? I'm having pain 24/7. I even collapsed one day, somtetimes tremors in one leg. I more symptoms than that,

I'm just worried becuase a doctor i went to see after i was temp paralysed, just blew me off, & put me on a muscle relaxer! idiot! I just recently learned about hypokalemic periodic paralysis. My pottassium was low around that time too.

But I also think i have poor circulation, my toes turn purple/blue in color & are always freezing, my hands do not though, nor does my lips.

Will you tell me more about your symptoms and legs too plz.

Thanks!
    SAPH
  5. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

6. KJH_10

KJH_10 New Member

My pain began in my left leg behind the knee area. It started out like a burning pain. Then a couple days later I began having muscle cramps in my leg like I was walking on an incline, but actually I was just sitting in a chair. When I stand on that leg I feel like I just had to sit down. My leg is swelled , but not excessively, barely noticable actually, the doctor said it is though. It hurts weather I am standing, sitting, walking or laying down. My leg is not discolored, I do not have any large noticable veins or it is not hot to touch. All I have is some muscle cramping and pain basically. I hope this helps. I will update after my dr. visit.
    thanks!!
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Saphire27:
    I was hospitalized for hypokalemia. Now I eat one banana a day, a glass of orange juice and one potassium tablet.
    It is possible to collapse when potassium goes low.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  8. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

that sounds almost exactly like my left leg, but my feet do turn that color, i mean my toes do.

but my pain in the leg felt like it started right behind the knee, tight cramping feeling too. At first thought it could be ham string, but i think its got to be something else.

It didn't start really until after i collapsed, from the potasium drop. i was paralysed for about an hour or two, can't remember.

It hurts even to do nothing. My left leg is burning in several places, it's tingling right now, as if asleep, it always does this though. So does yours tingling/pins needles?
    PLEASE DO LET US KNOW AFTER YOUR APPT, BEST OF LUCK.