Your best suggestion for fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dkdwwd, Jun 8, 2006.

1. dkdwwd

dkdwwd New Member

I'm new to the site but not to CFS or FMS. I can't seem to combat the fatigue no matter what I try though I must confess I haven't tried a whole lot. I don't have a very supportive Dr. It took him 17 years to decide that this was what my problem was!! I have 4 kids,3, 5, 7 & 12. I've heard about these sites so I thought I give you all a try.
    Soo....any sugestions???

Beka
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

The first thing I would tell you is to make sure that you go to bed around the same time and wake up at the same time. Routine is a good thing. Are any of you kids young enough to have nap time anymore. If they are that would be a time to lie down and relax or even nap if you feel like it. The most important thing though is to pace yourself. Don't try to do everything in one day. I know with 4 kids that isn't easy but you have to learn to slow down and recognize what is really important. Spending time with the kids is the durty dishes will be there tomorrow. Also it looks like some of your kids could help out a little bit if they arent't already. You haven't filled out your profile so not sure if there is a husband involved and if you still working but I'll tell you again pace yourself and when you find time for a break take one....SueF
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

It's tough to struggle with fatigue when you have little ones at home. I have 3 myself (twin boys to boot!)

I'm still working on solutions for the fatigue but here are a few of my tricks.

1. I still have my morning coffee. I've tried to quit but I just get too tired. I have cut it to half-caf though which gives me energy but cuts down the anxiety attacks a bit.

2. I have found that sub-lingual vit B-12 seems to help me with energy. I take three small pills a day and have noticed a difference.

3. Of course, going to bed at a decent hour reduces some of the fatigue. Afternoon naps can help too.

Hope this is helpful.. I'm looking forward to reading other responses as well.

Sofi
  4. dkdwwd

dkdwwd New Member

Thanks,
    I try to pace mysaelf but I find it hard with the kids. Sorry about the profile, I didn't see that when I was signing up. I'll fill it out. This is all new to me. My kids are so active and involved in everything. I've tried to explain this to my husband and he acts like he knows and understands but we still aren't getting anywhere. I'm the only one with a D.L. in the family so I have to take him to work at 4am and he lays asphault so he doesn't call me to come get him until late because they work until dark and work 1 1/2 hours away. I'm sorry! I'm a mess. I'm so tired that when everyone goes to sleep and I finally have time to myself I'm on the computer because I can't sleep because I'm too tired!!! arghhh!! Sorry. I'm crabby I guess. Thanks for the advice.