Your Favorite 3 Supplements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vannafeelbettr, Sep 23, 2008.

1. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

Hi All!!!

If you are anything like me, I'm sure your vitamin/herbs/meds bottles are taking over your cabinet. They are even surpassing my hair product count (who would've thought possible)! I seem to grab the bottles in some sort of order.... must-not-forget-to-take to the it's-not-so-bad-if-I-forget-to-take bottles. I thought we could all share our top 3 must-not-forget-to-takes.(excluding Multi's)

Mine are Magnesium, B-Complex, Co-enzyme Q-10
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Gold Standard protein drink, Miracle Reds supplement and Co-Q-10.
  3. holiday16

holiday16 New Member

My protein drink, natural interferon and resveratrol. Took me several years and I'm still working on things, but I'm functioning at an almost normal level. A few years ago I could barely get out of bed so that's saying alot!

4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Then they would be:

Careful doses of vitamin D-3
    B-12 in methylcobalamin form

....and glucosamine for pain.

5. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I can't believe it, mine are also Mag, C and Co-Q10.
  6. Elisa

Elisa Member

CoQ10 - lozenges
    Vit C

Salt doesn't qualify...

7. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Mine are grapeseed extract, Omega 3 gelcap, and Calcium with Vit D supplement. Interesting post.

8. vannafeelbettr

Now I feel pretty good about my favorite 3 choices, as they coincide with many others. I must say I was most intrigued with Paulette's response. I had never heard of resveratol or natural interferon, and it seems to work wonders for her. And to whomever that mentioned the protein drink, THANK YOU for reminding me to take mine (usually forget to take it) LOL!!
  9. ruhig

ruhig New Member

Great post!
    When I do remember to take my supplements they are calcium/magnesium, sublingual b12 and vitamin D3. I bought some co enzyme q10 but can't remember what it's good for. I also want to start taking grapeseed extract.

Thanks for asking,

10. shelbo

shelbo New Member

how long it took to see results? Thanks so much, Shell
  11. holiday16

holiday16 New Member

Vivix from Shaklee. After about 4 days I started to notice that my muscles were getting softer in my legs and arms. I drove my dh nuts because I kept showing him :eek:) My muscles have been tight for years and it's like they were always flexed. Now they're totally relaxed which just amazes me.

The ones near my neck, shoulders and hips are still tight, but not as bad as they were. They are getting better though. My hips rarely pop out now and I can turn my head all the way and before the only time I could do that was right after a massage. I've been taking it for a month so I'm hoping that it will keep getting better. My chiropractor noticed that my hips were not out as much and adjusted easier and my massage therapist noticed my hip muscles were not as tight.

I do have more energy as well.

Edited to add that I take one teaspoon a day, but I'm not sure how that translates to resveratrol dose as it's a blend.

[This Message was Edited on 09/24/2008]
  12. theatergirl

theatergirl New Member

Looking at the regimen, what time of day and how often with dosage levels. I am still trying to figure out two things, dosages when in a really bad relapse and then maintenance dosages when not.

My top 3 are:
    CoQ10 (Dr. Myhill) 300mg (100mg X 3)
    Mag (500mg)
    Acetyl L Carnitine (1000 mg)

13. vannafeelbettr

Great idea on posting the dosages!

Also, I have just started recently on l-carnitine and I feel it is making a difference in my muscle strength. I take 1000mg. in morning and 1000mg. at night.
  14. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Okay mine ase as follows:

Liv 52

Cat's Claw

Vitamin C

15. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

My 3 supps
    vit e - 1000mg am and pm
    lipoic acid - 250mg am
    n-acetyl cysteine - 600mg am and pm
  16. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

For FM I take

GABA 1 pill 750mg at night to help me sleep
    VIT D3 1000 IU one at breakfast and one at lunch
    B complex with Vit c and folic acid

I also take fish oil 1000 mg 2 times a day to prevent heart disease

17. yuckie

yuckie New Member

Great thread!

Mine are:

CoQ10 (100mg)
    Probiotic (30 billion cells per serving)
    Magnesium (40mg), Malic Acid (240 mg) and D-Ribose (5g)

I know the last one is three but it comes all together in powder form as it!