Your Favorite Commercial ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Apr 18, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Just wondering what everyones favorite T.V. Commercial is Now? The one that tops the list for Me is a GE. one about Harnessing the wind to conserve Energy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It shows a little Boy Climbing to the top of a Mountian with an open jar in his hand capturing the wind inside the jar and putting the lid on and then it shows Him Making his way to his Grandfathers house by train,,,Cycle etc,,,

when He arrives,,,,It's his Grand Fathers Birthday,,,,,,With a cake setting in front of Him with all the candles lit,,
    The boy gets there just in time to Help his grampa blow out the candles by opening the jar of wind and blowing out the candles and a whole lot of other things,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Like the curtins go flying as does the puff of smoke from the fire place and Everyones Hair etc,,,,,,,,,,,It's called Harnessing the wind and putting it to good use,,,,,Cute! Man am i windy today!,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,S
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

in its infancy. In those days they didn't spend a lot of money on commercials.

The announcer held up a can of something and said, "Buy this".
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I just love those Geico commercials with the cavemen! I laugh out loud every time they show them!

I especially love when the caveman is in therapy and his cell phone rings and he says, "It's my mother. I'll put it on speaker." Too funny!!
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Can you explain that part to me? I've seen it many times, and I dont get the speaker part.
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Don't know if you would have got these ad's in the US but when I was a kid I used to love a potato advert with robots that fell about laughing at humans beecause we mashed our own tatties(that's potatoes to non-Scots folk,LOL).

I did a check on You-tube & couldn't believe that it had two clips of ad's about "For Mash Get Smash".
    What I couldn't remember was that Cadbury's used to make them,I thought it was only chocolate they made.

Thanks sisland,gave me a great laugh to see those ad's again.
    If anyone want's to see them check the links below for a LOL:
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

are the ones for the cell phone company in which one person is talking to another and then the connection is dropped, leaving the speaker thinking the other person is not talking. Thus, the speaker is mortified with embarrasment and thinks they said something wrong.

i.e. a man talking to his future father-in-law and calling him "Jimbo."
    --a recently promoted woman who gets a bit cocky in her humor
    --a young man calling a woman on the day right after a date.

I think these ads are clever and amusing, but they must not be that effective, because I can't tell you the name of the cell phone company!

7. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for all your responces! I'm Late getting to the Board today!,,,,,,Hey Rock,,,, Do I need to get you a new Tv?,,,Lolol Just kidding! i love the old Tv commercials ,,,,Movies etc,,,! PaulMack,,,,,I'm Heading to You Tube To Check out thoes Tatties!,,,,,,,,,,When we were Kids My Grandmother had a large Garden that Just had Potatoes in it,,,,,,She used to call it the " spud patch"! so Yes we all grew up calling them Spuds!

Twinma,,,,MDC,,,,The Geico Commercials are Fantastic! I love it when he say's to the Therapist,,,"What if they did a commercial about Therapist?" And the Therapist said "Well Therapist are,,," And the caveman say's are What,,,Smart"?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And Then His Mom calls!,,,,,,,,,,,It would Be so Kool to Have a series or sitcom with them in it!,,,,,,,,

Ken,,,,,Thoes Phone commercials are really cool! I Like the one also where the lady gets a Bouguet of Flowers at work and she's Telling Her Friend what the card say's ,,"Only something Beautiful for My something Beautiful" and then the call gets dropped and she Thinks He gave her the Flowers Because he did something wrong,,,,,,,Funny! I think it's cingular wireless,,,,,Fun!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I also Love the Dairy Queen Commercial where the the older brother steals the younger brothers Blizzard and has him Hanging by his shorts on the door hook,,Lol and he's yelling "Dad He's Eating My Blizzard" and then the Dad steals it from the brother and Hangs him on the door tooo!,,,,,And is eating the blizzard ,,, and the Mom walks in ,,,,Love it!,,,,,S

[This Message was Edited on 04/19/2007]
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

I was wondering if you know the comidean Named Craig Fergusen (sp) He's has a late nite Talk show here in the US. But is from Scotland ,,,,,He's Really Good! I try to stay up late to watch him,,,,, Also he had a staring role in the Drew Carey sitcom,,,,,,,,Just wondering,,,,,,,S
  9. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Aye,have heard of Craig Ferguson,a Glasgow lad,who was known to be a wee bit wild in his younger days.His alternative comedian name in the 80's was Bing Hitler,probably to cause a little bit of a shock & to get attention.
    We don't really hear much about him these days but I did know he had his own US chatshow & he seems to have got his act together these days.
    So chuffed to see a Glesgae(that's my attempt at Glasgow slang,LOL) guy doing well in the States.
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

So He's another bad guy gone good! lolol,,,,,,I must say that The Scots probably are proud of Him! He's making BiGG Bucks Now! So if He owes anyone Money they should get ahold of 'Him now!,,,,,lolo S
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh yes i forgot about the front line commercial! aren't they at Camp? also the puppy one with the charmin toilet paper,,,,Where the little boy thinks there's a monster in the Bathroom ,,,,,,,,,,,,
    And the puppy goes in and it's the steam from the Shower,,,,,,and the Mom has Mask on Her face with cucumber slices on her eyes too!,,,,,,,,The crows are funny also!
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

lolol! So do i!" There anit no bugs on me,,,,There anit no bugs on me,,,"There might be bugs on some of your mugs,,,But There anit no bugs on me",,,,,,lolol,,,,,love it,,,,Also last nite while watching Tv. i saw the windex one with the crows!,,,,,,,S
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello Again
    The scarf is a great idea!lolo gives them character! My Pup is a 6 month old springer spaniel,

All white with Black spots and i got him a Red coller with purple tags,,,And i Have a red Bandanna for him too ,,,,,,arn't we Funny! The commercial world use animals to sell all kinds of things i think! It works!

Do you ever watch Americas Funniest home videos? they Have all sorts of Animal clips! Hope your having a great day!,,,S
  14. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

They are so cute and the ads are clever. I always watch them and I have to admit, I am not q commercial watcher. I really can't tell about any of them unless it has a puppy and kitten in it.

I also love "World's Funniest Animals". The "people" ones always seem to be staged.

15. sisland

sisland New Member

Ohh! He's adorable!! Red yes i Think Red would be the color for him! He's doing so well for his age it sounds like!,,,,,,

I was the first caller for Lucky! got him for free! at 6 weeks,,,Believe me He's been a challange!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But Since all the girls are grown and gone ,,He keeps me pretty good company,,,,,,,,,Still Havn't figured out how to post a photo yet but i'll get there!,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  16. sisland

sisland New Member

yes i had forgotten about the Aflac commercials! but yes they are very entertaining! The Duck they use must have 9 lives!LOlol,,,,S