Your Favorite Vacation spot ~~~OT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen_dean, Nov 27, 2005.

1. karen_dean

karen_dean New Member

I have always in my times of trying to relax..imagine my "dream vacation"..on a warm sandy beach((( Hawaii))..palm trees..lounge chair..a tropical drink with a silly umbrella..listening to the ocean waves as I soak up the rays. It may be a dream...doesn't cost nothin'..but it sure is something to hold on to and a nice picture to paint in my head on a really dreary day!!

What's yours??

~~~~Karen*~~~
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

After being to other countries, and visiting other states, I know where my favorite place is! I hope to spend time there this spring.

Oh, guess I'd better tell you where it is! LOL! The Outer Banks of North Carolina. We usually go in the spring, and travel to the southern part of the banks.

We were able to spend one Thanksgiving at a rented home, and it was amazing! Sitting on the deck, watching porpoises jump,while waiting for the turkey to finish. For me, hard to beat!

Sun, water and sand..... That's my choice!

Kim
  3. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I have been to Hawaii several times and there is no place like it!! It is sooo beautiful. I made my Hubby get up early and go to the beach and watch the sun come up. It looks like it's coming right out of the ocean.(It's huge) There are soo many place to go but we like Oahu(Wakiki) the best. There is many wonderful restaurants(Very reasonable to eat with little Orcids on the ice,around the food bar) and lots of shopping places. You can get a bus every 5 minutes, so no need to rent a car. We rented little motor scooters and you can park them on the side walk and chain them to the parking meter. (NO place to park cars) Lots and lots of entertainment and side trips too. As soon as we got off the plane --we could smell the lovely flowers. They meet you with a Lei to put around your neck by a lovely Hawaiin Girl. OH it's as close to Heaven as you can get --on earth. On the bad side the plane trip is about 12 hours!!! It's a real killer!! But all else is wonderful and worth every minute on the plane.Beautiful sandy beaches and warm ocean breezes!!!
    Shirley
    [This Message was Edited on 11/28/2005]
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Nostalgia trip- Siesta Key in Sarasota Fla. I go with my family every year since 1964.

Best Vacation ever- Sailng the BVI's with my parents and my older son when he was 9

Dream vacation- Italy Had the whole thing planned but then became pregnant with Grant! So we have postponed indefinately.

Next big trip- Hawaii. My sister in law gave us their time share in Kona and Kuwai in Jan and we are using frequent flyer miles. pray that delta doesn't go under!

Worst trip ever- Jack Wingates Lunker Lodge in south Ga for a fishing trip. Can you say mosquito??
  5. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Up in the mountains of Arkansas - Eureka Springs.

A quaint, beautiful little city. Especially this time of year when the trees are turning.

Very restful place.

Kinsie
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

Right at my own house - with everyone else gone on a vacation!!

The freezer stocked with ice cream, and the TV satellite picture coming in crystal clear, with clean sheets on my bed!

How dreamy!
    Janet

P.S. Our family has only had 2 vacations in the 35 years we've been married -- both fishing vacations which are not my style -- I'm a city girl at heart and would have preferred a cozy, comfy suite at a nice motel!!!
  7. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Hi Karen,
    We usually take 3 trips a year...
    We're going to Maine over Xmas and New Years to play in the snow. We usually do beach and sun so this will be a change.
    My favorite place is Rome. Everything is so beautiful and peaceful..Second is Malaga, Spain. Hoping we can go back this coming summer.
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

we did love being in St. Augustine, FL, a few years ago. Loved the RV park which was right across the street from the Atlantic Ocean, the town, the fort, the food. It was a really fun time.

We have been many places in our 5 + years of marriage, and they have all been fun, but St. Augustine still is a standout!

Sue
  9. proteinlady

proteinlady New Member

I love Colonial Williamsburg, VA. I try to go every couple of years. My dream is to retire there.
  10. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

There is a place I have gone a few times in New Hampshire. It's in North Conway and it's called Diana's Bath. You hike in a little ways - not a bad walk. Then there is a small water fall that goes into a pool of water.

Last time I went the sun was shining so pretty and I just laid on a warm walk and listened to the birds and critters with the sound of running water.

It's very peaceful and beautiful.

-Kathi
  11. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Clearwater Beach, FL.

Staying in the historic old hotel (of course, I cannot remember it's name). In those solid old building you don't hear the other people nearly as much as in the new ones.

Eating on the outdoor veranda.

Going to the spa.

Most of all, wading out in the ocean until the gentle waves would start picking me up and floating me along.

But that was another life.