Your laugh for the day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by littlebrownwren, Jan 13, 2007.

1. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

A little tea and sympathy here please.

Spent 2 days this week in the hospital suffering from an unknown illness. Xray showed kink in bowel or small blockage. They finally said virus but were not sure. I'm still pretty weak.

Anyway on to the laugh.

Needed to color my hair big time.

Please "remember I'm on meds"

I had 3/4 of the bottle on my head before I realized I did not shake up the bottle to mix the chemicals before I put it on my head.

I stuck my fingers in my hair and moved that stuff around like crazy hoping to mix it on my head. LOL.

I have no idea what it will look like when it dries.

Just though you guys might get a kick out of my fibro moment. My daughter about laughed her butt off.

2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I'm sorry about your trip to the hospital. Your story about the hair dye is too funny. It sounds like a normal day in my house!
  3. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Oh nooooo !!!! You don't know how many times I have almost done that! I finally just quit coloring it ahahahahaa. Let us know what happens.

4. ckball

ckball New Member

Sorry about the hospital thing. If you makes you feel any better, last night I fixed some Jello cook and serve coconut pudding. It called for 2 cup milk. Added the milk and started getting thick pretty quick, just when it started to boil I set it off the buner and took care of other things will it cooled a bit.

When I went back I had custard. I guess I only put one cup of milk in it. So I took a cup of cool whip and had desert.Carla
  5. littlebrownwren

I must have mixed it pretty good becaue it looks no different than it usually does when I color it.

But then I did some frantic stirring on my head for a min or 2.

Alas, what ever I had before I went to the hospital is back.
    That sure worries me some. Seems to knock the virus theory in the head.

Won't get to attend church today. Will have to wait until tomorrow and watch it via video cam on the net.

Glad I made some one laugh with my fibro moment.

6. caffey

caffey New Member

I have a blonde and a brown wig that you can borrow if you want. The blonde is quite short and the brown alittle longer. Oh what the heck I'll mail them both to you.
  7. littlebrownwren

Thanks for the offer of the wig.

I don't look well as a blonde though. Skin wrong tone.

My hair is brown and the best I can tell I got it stirred pretty good.

Theres a place or two that could have used more of the"real thing" lol.

8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Oh Prickles, could we please, please, please, have a picture of that!! Purple and pink are my fav colors!!

Wren, that must have been some pretty good mixing you did on your head! Hope you feel better soon.

9. Catseye

Catseye Member

When I was in my 20s I had highlights that I got them to leave on too long and made me blonde. My husband said it looked too blonde and didn't like it. I went to Publix and started looking at the boxes of hair color. I saw a nice light brown colored one and I picked it up. I knew absolutely nothing about hair color; I had never done it before but thought I'd save money by doing it myself. I just wanted it a bit darker than the "too blonde".

So I got it home and proceeded to use the stuff. I noticed the color was called "light ash brown" or something like that. I did it to my hair and it turned green! I had a fit, my husband had a fit and I ran back to the hair lady to fix it. Then all my friends proceeded to tell me how stupid I was because you don't just look at the color on the box, you have to know what you're doing. Sheesh, who would have guessed?! And that was before I got sick.

Now, because I have cfs so bad and couldn't use my arms for awhile, I had all my lovely hair cut off. I have the Susan Powter look. Oh well, you can't beat the convenience. And I dumped my first husband a long time ago. It's a good thing, too; he never would have taken care of me while I was sick like my saintly Tony has done.

I can just see Wren frantically finger painting her head saying "dang, dang" (or worse) trying to do an "aftermix" of chemicals and performing the cfs/fibro "frenzied dance of confusion" while doing it. It's a good thing we're not airline pilots!