Your Mornings??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karen_dean, Oct 26, 2005.

1. karen_dean

karen_dean New Member

It seems most mornings..I feel so terribly rotten..before even getting my feet to the floor. My brain goes into over drive...I start to worry about things I shouldn't..I have great anxiety I guess is what I'm saying.

It's just a wake up call for the kind of day I will have..and most cases it pretty lousy these days.

Do you find @ times, you start to find all flaws about yourself..I worry about my teeth as they once were in good shape and now are starting to shift)..how I feel I'm starting to show my age, body and mind.... "paranoia"((sp)) seems to be my middle name these days. I'm turning into a wreck!!!

There is always something that I try to look forward to each day..whether there just small tasks..but after a few hours of practically doing nothing...I get so down on myself because I'm unable to do it from exhaustion from nothing.

Sorry for rambling on...I just feel so beside myself...days like this I can't cope will these feelings of my days being so long and fighting with myself to feel better.

Thanks for listening.

~~~*karen*~~~~
  2. Burgandy

Burgandy New Member

I wake up in the morning and all I want to do is sleep. I have to hurry and take my meds before everyone in the house starts to get up and rush about and drive me out of my mind. Everyone seems to want something from me and I still can not even walk without whincing in pain. All I can think of is how soon 8:05 am comes and they will all be gone to school and work. I just want to lay back down and go to sleep but I don't. Instead I pour myself a cup of coffee and ponder what it is that I just might be able to accomplish today, which never seems to be enough for anyone in my household. Sometimes I wish I could live by myself, in silence because that is the only way that I think I can get a slight handle on things and feel just a little bit better and get things done at my own pace.

I used to work full time and go to school four nights a week before my car accident and my fibromyalgia cam e waltzing into my life but now I consider it a good day if I get showered, dressed and get the dishes done.

I am so glad that I have found this website and my new fibro friends because they are the only ones that get it!

Take care and Thank you for Listening too!

Burgandy
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I think you have to stop being so hard on yourself, fighting to feel better.

Yes we have to do all we can to help ourselves but not fight with ourselves to do it.

It takes me hours to come round in the morning even on a good day. I have plans of what I'm going to do around the house but most times I'm not able to and I accept it. I've been going to file my paperwork away all week, it's now Thursday and it's not getting done today. So, maybe next week.

I worry about getting old too, I dont recognise myself anymore, this illness certainly takes its toll, I've had CFS for 11 years and fibro for 6.

Anyway take care of yourself, dont fight yourself and dont worry about things that dont get done.

love
    Rosie
  4. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

If you were talking to a best friend that felt like this, what would you say to her? I'm sure you would be far kinder than you are to yourself.

When I'm able, I start my day with 10 minutes of gentle yoga stretching. Even that small thing helps to clear my mind and start my day more positive and focused. Deep, slow breathing helps, too.
  5. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

I know that most mornings I will wake up in major pain, stiffness, nausea etc. I'm only 42 but feel like 82. Once I get past the first few hours of the am I "Okay", not great but okay. It's just that I have to be to work at 7:00 am every am and that makes it tough when you have to wake up to an alarm clock. During the week I have virtually no life. I wake up, go to work, home by 5-6 eat dinner and get ready for bed and start all over. Sometimes I think if I can get 10 or more hours sleep I will feel better upon waking, not! Can't really offer you help but my heart goes out, Bobby
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Mornings are always my worst part of the day that is most of the time..Its not the pain but the mental part that gets to me..

I feel dread and doom. I worry to much about everything..Like will I have a day of fear, will I be able to manage half of what my family expects.

I am sitting here now feeling fear and know I have got to get going and push another day..Only to repeat that dreaded morning feeling again...

Burgandy, oh how I can relate to your post. I feel the same way...

Wonder why mornings are so much worse?
    greatgran
  7. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

Due to the chronic fatigue, I do best on 10 hours of sleep at night. (If I could get 12, I'd take it, but I have a child.)

So I'm up anywhere form 7am to 9am. Which makes me feel guilty because -- although my son has a set bedtime -- our mornings are chaos.

I thank God he goes to preschool in the afternoon.

We get up, thump about, I make coffee, feed the pets, prep my son's breakfast -- when he's ready, sometimes he just wants milk. Then I sign online.

I have to logon as early as possible because after 9am, the internet line is usually busy. Right now, I feel going online is critical to getting well. I read the CFS/FM board, read any new articles coming out and also spend time on a couponing board. (Because of mostly organic diet, we really have to watch the budget.)

Then I sign off. Might be 10am. Get son ready for school. My shower, his bath, get dressed, etc. Again, I'm feeling guilty the whole time for needing so much sleep at night. If I could get by on 6-8 like "normals," I could get up at 6am and get my internet stuff done before he even wakes up. No such luck.

I fix a quick lunch, he gets on the bus, then I start on heavy chores or run errands. If I'm sick or even just tired, I might take a nap. I need more sleep than a child. Guilt, guilt, guilt.

My mornings are all lop-sided. I usually feel pretty good physically (unless I slept wrong or got chilled,) but I'm usually desperately tired. I try to eat a little something before taking my supplements. After the supplements kick in, I have a little energy to do housework/run errands. But if I don't take a nap when my son is in school, I usually need to when he gets home from school. My pain (on those days when I get pain) tends to start mid-day.[This Message was Edited on 10/27/2005]
  8. karen_dean

karen_dean New Member

Thanks to all who took time to respond..and help me feel better..it sure makes a great deal of difference when there are others who feel the same way...but most importantly how extemely nice it is when kind people take the time to read and care..

Blessings..

~~~Karen~~~~
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I hate mornings!!I feel like Garfield! Seriously.. it is so hard for me to get up in the morning.. if it were not for my 15 year old I would never make it to work on time.. I just can't get out of bed.. I wind up barely getting to work on time everyday.. If left to my own devices I think I probably would not get up at all.. Seems like once I'm up and going I'm ok... but dang it's hard.. I could stay in bed for a month and still be tired I think!
    Don't get down on yourself sweetie.. we are all frustrated and know how you feel...
    hugs.. dona
  10. spmary

spmary New Member

Hi Karen...I feel like you do to some extent. I just don't do mornings. I try not to have any appointments in the morning. It takes me so long to just get out of bed.
    I take Ambien but still don't get more than 5 or 6 hrs. of sleep. I try not to think of what I used to do, and try to think of what I can do now, but not much comes to mind.
    I don't have to get up. I don't work or do anything constructive,just watch TV or try to read. My husband built me a nice studio in the yard, but I can't seem to get any production. I used to think I was an artist but no one else did. I try to make some paintings but nothing works out. I hate to think I'll be this way the rest of my life, but I'm very old and have had a good life with great friends. I've had some wonderful adventures. So I have good memories,which help to look back on. But I still feel guily not being able to do SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE! Sorry I sound so unhappy. Just wanted to vent. Things will look better tomorrow. LOL, Mary
  11. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

I have to get up to an alarm clock too. I actually set two different ones to make sure I wake up. When I first wake up I feel like my arms and legs weigh about 1000 pounds a piece and I can't move. I literally have to start by wiggling my toes and moving upward before I can get out of bed. On Saturday nights I get to go to bed and not set the alarm clock, so I usually feel the best on Sunday. This Saturday I'm excited because I get an extra hour of sleep since we are setting the clocks back:)

Once I get to work I'm okay until about 1:00 and then I start to fizzle again. I also find that if I sit for more than 15 minutes I look like the tin man when I get up -very stiff.

-Kathi