Your Own Sleeping Quarters??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Jun 2, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Sleeping by yourself in a room by yourself might help sleep disturbance!.............................................this has really helped me as far as getting a refreshed sleep! anyone eles?? bump
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Took my husband over 15 years to "get" that I needed my own bedroom. Between my insomnia, his snoring, yanking the covers, tossing like a whale, etc., finally have my own sweet space.

LIGHT************carole
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I nap in the guest room (now that my MIL is well enough to go home!!).

If my DH is napping he gets up when I come lay down so he won't disturb me and if I lay down first he will nap in his recliner which I don't think is nearly as restful.

Besides I have a bunch of pillows on the little bed and I can prop up and read til I get to sleepy. And I let the dogs on that bed when I'm in there.

I'd miss him at night though!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

5. place

place New Member

When I got dx, my doc and the research stated I needed to get sleep. so I got the master bedroom and my dh and the dogs when in the guest room. My sleep has improved. The dogs don't wake me up and I can stretch out without hitting another person and waking us both up!
  6. snookerddle

snookerddle New Member

I have noticed lately that I sleep much better when my boyfriend isn't in the bed. He usually goes to bed at least 3 hours after me and I'll sleep great until he goes to bed.
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

thanks for all the input!! sleeping by myself has been one of the best pain management tools!! have to have a fan on to drowned out noises that could wake me!!...................I have heard alot of people say that it's a more and more common thing now!.........................sisland
  8. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I still sleep in the same bed as my boyfriend, but I admit that sometimes it would be very nice ot have my own space. Especially when it's very warm ... my muscles seem to ache more then too.
  9. Empower

Empower New Member

We finally resorted to sleeping in separate rooms

I am a very light sleeper and awaken easily and cannot go back to sleep

My husband snores like crazy, and my big dog likes to sleep on the bed. Between his snoring and the dogs vocal nightmares, I was up 5-10 times a night

Now I sleep on my own and maybe wake 1 or 2 times a night

A good nights sleep makes a difference
  10. Empower

Empower New Member

We finally resorted to sleeping in separate rooms

I am a very light sleeper and awaken easily and cannot go back to sleep

My husband snores like crazy, and my big dog likes to sleep on the bed. Between his snoring and the dogs vocal nightmares, I was up 5-10 times a night

Now I sleep on my own and maybe wake 1 or 2 times a night

A good nights sleep makes a difference
  11. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

we switched to 2 twin XL beds pushed together, with a bit of space between, when my hubbies moving around kept me awake. Now I have a sleep disturbance and can't sleep much at all, so he has moved up to the spare room. This way he can get the sleep he needs, and I can do what I need to get by.
    I used to feel really stupid and guilty about this, as we are only 41, but sleep is so important, that you gotta do what ya gotta do! This just how our life is. Didn't plan it that way, but we do have to deal with it. Don't feel guilty about sleeping in a separate room if it helps you be a better person.
    It doesn't mean that you are living as siblings, I mean, you can still cuddle etc! And have a choice in which room to do it in! Your place or mine? LOL
  12. findmind

findmind New Member

Yes, my DP and I parted ways after I had FM and CFS for 7 years...

Then Boom! DP got it!!! That did it...I moved to another room.

I have a "cave", dark, dark shade, two pairs of drapes to block light.

On naps, I use fan and ear plugs. At nite, just fan.

And door is closed, closed, closed! Or two big shepherds would come in every 10 minutes to give me a lick or kiss and startle the h--l out of me!

My nickname is Rip VanWinkle..since childhood, I've been able to fall asleep in the middle of a family party, just by parking myself on the floor, lol!

Sleep....the elixer of the....uh, sick!

Hugs
    findmind