Your post office in danger of closing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwoCatDoctors, Sep 15, 2011.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Below is an article about a list of post offices in danger of closing
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

An article in the newspaper stated that ours is in danger. Personally, I don't care if we lose Sat. delivery. I also wouldn't care if they charged more to deliver mail. Fifty cents would be a bargain to send something first class. I pay bills online so seldom mail things except a few greeting cards.

I think that eventually, Netflix will be exclusively delivered by download streaming. New TV's already are coming with wi-fi built in. It will take some years before everyone is wi-fi'ed but it's coming.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are still a lot of places where all these services aren't available but I don't think it will take long before it is. Several towns have implemented it for free to the people in the town. It is part of the infrastructure which other countries, like China, are updating and bringing into the modern world. We are lagging far behind countries with which we compete and it will only get worse if we don't catch up.

I used to use Netflix by mail and loved it. I have yet to hook my Wii up to wi-fi so I can stream Netflix. To tell the truth, I've had nothing but problems with technology lately and I'm wi-fi shy :)

My cable bill is about the biggest monthly bill I pay, except for my credit card. I hate forking over that money but TV and the internet are my life so I pay up. I've drastically cut my cell phone cost and I'm saving wherever I can but cable is a killer. I don't know how kids afford to pay for so much use of the internet on all their devices. My condo and car insurance went up this year. I had to renew my passport, my drivers license and my permit to carry and they all went up. So did my car registration. Increasing prices and a fixed income don't work well together.

Every now and then, I treat myself to a piece of jewelry but nothing expensive. Ever since I took the transfer factors and restarted my methylation protocol, I've had no appetite so I'm saving on groceries but I lost a lot of food which I had in the fridge.

C'ommon LOTTO :)

Love, Mikie
  4. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I get my mail at the post offfice but don't go down on Sat. Now much there anyhow. What happenes if it would close????
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's soooo nice to be using my laptop in the livingroom and send a print command to the printer in my little office and have it print out. Magic! But it was a royal pain setting it up. My laptop was no problem as it came complete with wi-fi built in. Setting up the wi-fi initially was so easy but when I upgraded the hardware, I had all kinds of problems until I figured out the modem I was sold was defective. So, I hate to try the Wii and then get Netflix to work through it.

I live where cable is fairly expensive but there are basic plans which are really reasonable. I have found that I have to have, at least, basic HD digital. With my HDTV, nothing looks good in just basic digital. The digital is wonderful, though, on my older sets. The little digital converters for them are free. I get my internet through the cable co. too. I have the slowest speed they sell and it's fast enough for streaming.

As long as Netflix still mails out DVD's, I think it'll continue to be a great way to watch them. It may be an inconvenience if the USPS stops Sat. delivery.

Love, Mikie