You're all such a treasure to me..last 24 hours has been hell...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MelG, Jan 2, 2003.

1. MelG

MelG New Member

The last 24 hours I have been kinda drifting in an out of conscienceness (sp?). Yesterday fever of 101. Coughing up green nasty stuff (sorry) and every once in a while tasting blood, chills, shaking, vomiting, rash, abdominal pain, sore throat, swollen glands, strange rash.

My primary put me on Zythromax last week for a sore throat. A few days ago, I started having the side of my face go numb and had this weird rash going on. :-(. Went back to the primary and he says "IT'S JUST THE CHRONIC FATIGUE ACTING UP". Can't get a hold of neuro. His secretary says he doesn't do phone consults.

I just called my shrink and then my asthma doctor. Shrink wants me to go over to ER, right now, to have a chest xray for possible pneumonia. Problem being I am too weak to drive. The asthma doctor is going to be calling me back.

I swear I feel like I am losing my mind. Like my life is slowly being drained out of my body. I feel like I've hit the bottom of the barrel.

Friends, family, no one understands. I can imagine what they are thinking. "Oh she's just sick again. God I'm tired of hearing about it."

I love you all. Thank you so much for being here. If any one is from southern New Jersey, do you know of a support group for CFS?

Again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Cyber hugs to all of you.

Love,
    Melanie

2. teach6

teach6 New Member

Call someone and find a way to get to the ER. Your symptoms do not sound good. I find it incomprehensible that your PCP won't see you for this. It sounds like it's time to look for a new one, but not today.

First priority is to find out what is going on with your body, NOW! When you have done that, please let us know how you're doing.

Barbara

3. karen55

karen55 New Member

I agree, find a way, ANY way you can, to get to the ER. If you have pneumonia, it's nothing to mess around with. Take care of you!!
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Your post really really touched me. I
    also totally agree that you need to get to the ER if you have to call 911! I have asthma also and the infection it sounds like you have going could be very serious. Your PCP
    is NOT what you need. Once you get over this PLEASE look for a new one.
    Love,
    Bambi
  5. MelG

MelG New Member

I took your advice and persisted with the doctors. I called my asthma doctor and he called me right back. I have to see him first thing tomorrow morning. He's calling in medication for me. I had the flu shot but I was supposed to get some pneumonia shot (I never heard of this).

If I get any worse I will call 911.

Thank you so much. I really was feeling like I was loosing it and wouldn't have persisted with the doctors if it wasn't for you guys.

Unbelievable. It's all just CFS or Fibro., so it must not be serious. The medical community needs to get a clue. I get the distinct impression that if you have CFIDS or fibro., you must not really have a signficant medical problem.

It's like, I have this aweful image of having a heart attack or something someone saying it's only CFIDS!

Thanks guys. I'll let you know how I make out. He'll probably want to do a chest xray.

Luv ya all,
    Melanie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Anytime a rash accompanies a fever and feeling like crap, you need to have it checked as soon as possible. Good luck and keep us informed. Oops, just saw your response. Again, good luck and do keep us informed.

Love, Mikie
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

I hope by the time you read this post-you'll have been to the drs. It sure does sound like pnuemonia......I could be wrong.But when you have a fever with a rash it does need investigation!!(menengitis)I'll be thinking healing thoughts of you.please let us know.(I really am concerned~)
    Love,
    Tracey
  8. Cindi

Cindi New Member

I'm glad that you're seeing your doctor tomorrow! Please let us know what he says.

BTW, I'm not from NJ, I'm from PA...but I'm a hop, skip and a jump from a few NJ bridges. What area do you live in?? I attended 2 groups for FMS/CFIDS here in PA, but both groups no longer meet. There is a GREAT Fibro group that meets in N.E. Phila., but it's hard for me to get there. I'd be interested to know if a group meets in Jersey, too!!

Please don't worry what family and friends think, okay?? Worry about taking care of YOU! You have a beautiful family:) Thanks for sharing the picture!
    Let us know how you are...we care a lot!

Hugs~
    Cindi
  9. momcatpat

momcatpat New Member

You know a while back I had a rash on my face that was accompanied by tingling and a numb feeling. Never found out what it was. Make sure you let the doctor know about that. Good luck and take care.
  10. MelG

MelG New Member

Good think I went. He sent me to the hospital to get a chest xray. He also have me antibiotics (Levquin sp?), an inhaler and an inhaled steriod. He gave me a PPD (skin test for TB). I thought they did that in kids. We adopted our son from Russia in March of 2001 and he had a positive PPD in April 2001. So he was treating for 9 months with izonide (sp?)

Time to drink fluid and rest.

You guys are the best :)

Mel
  11. karen55

karen55 New Member

What inhaled steroid are you using? I use Flovent and Serevent, and have an Albuterol inhaler for rescue if I need it.
    Levaquin is a strong med, I was really sick a couple years ago with bronchitis and had to take it for 2 weeks. Another one is Tequin.
    If your Dr. ordered a PPD, he must be concerned about potential exposure to TB, am I right?
    Take care of yourself, OK? And let us know how all your tests turn out.

Karen
  12. Melanie_Ann

Melanie_Ann New Member

Yes the steroid is Flovent 220. I usually take Flovent 44. I have to take two puffs of Albuterol rescue before the Flovent as ordered. And if I get really bad, I do have a nebulizer at home. Needless to say, I don't smoke AT ALL anymore. If I really get crazy, I'll put one in my mouth and not light it. I know it's all psycological at this point :) lol.

PPD was because we were in Russian for an adoption and were in a hospital setting for two solid days. So far there is no reaction to the shot. (Got it yesterday). Feeling better today.

Well Z-max doesn't do crap anymore for me. They hand it out like candy in New Jersey here. I've had 4 infections since October (3 respiratory and one urinary).

I'm going to start wearing a face mask like Michael Jackson. :))

Thanks you ladies (and gents too)
    MelG