YuckieI read your reply profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Jul 11, 2008.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I just read your reply about my question regarding an ER visit. Thanks so much for the useful information, I agree totally.

What really interested me was your profile. We seem to be so much alike. I too was in banking for 25 years until I was unable to perform my job. The stress was killing me. I worked for Bank of America and got laid off in 2000, which was a blessing.

I too have a wonderful husband. He really takes good care of me and is so supportive and understanding. He has made this bearable.

If you'd like to chat more, let me know.

2. yuckie

yuckie New Member

I was at Bank of America also. What a small world. I'd love to chat more. When did you get sick? Janice
  3. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I was laid off in 2000 after the bank became BOA. They pretty much ended up dissolving my unit (CDW - Corporate Data Warehouse).

I was going through all kinds of problems then and started working mostly from home. I had senior approval for this since I had letters from my doctors recommending it. Then they turned around and said I wasn't "visible" enough. I had been managing a team but had to transfer to another area because I wasn't very dependable anymore.

I was finally diagnosed in 2003 with fibro after going to the emergency room for chest pains. They ruled out everything else it could have been.

I still, after all this time, feel the loss of not working. I climbed the ladder for 25 years, had perfect credit and lots of friends. Now I feel that all of that is gone and my "old" self has died. I can no longer do the things I once enjoyed or even travel like I used to. It's been difficult to accept, but, everytime I over do it, I really pay for it.

I applied for social security disability 4 1/2 years ago. I'm at the appeals level, been waiting on them for 1 year.
    I've literally lost everything, car, house, jewelry, credit..just waiting.

I live in a town called Lake Wylie, SC. It is right at the border of Charlotte, NC. Where are you?

I like chatting with someone who has something in common with me. None of my family or friends really understands this horrible DD!! Would love to hear a little about you.