yucky topic- fish oil burps !!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Dec 16, 2002.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

I started taking Omega 3 capsules, and yesterday morning it kept repeating on me !!! How nasty... should I persevere?
    any one else have that problem ?it was taken with food.
    Thanks Sue
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you tried eating half your food, then take the caps, instead of before or after meals? I need to do that with the B Vitamins, or I will burp them for hours!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. sofy

sofy New Member

I had the same problem until a naturopath told me this is the only one he recommends and it works for me.
    Dale Alexander
    Super
    Mas EPA

This is mfg by twin labs but you have to be very careful because twin labs also makes one called Super Max EPA. It has to be the Dale Alexander. I think twin labs bought out Dale Alexander several years ago so that why you have the confusion.
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I made myself keep taking it despite the burping it up, and I ended up with a damaged throat that took months to heal,and an expensive trip to a throat doctor to put a scope down there and look at it. I only took fish oil for one month.
    I went back to eating fish at least 2-3 times weekly. Yes, I know, mercury poisoning. I am so friggin tired of worrying about all this stuff that I just don't care.
    The point is, don't cause a problem that's worse than the one you're trying to fix.
    :)
    Klutzo
  5. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

that make you burp! Like Sofy suggested, there are certain brands that are better-made so that burping doesn't happen. I use Metagenics EPA/DHA, but its probably harder to find than the TwinLabs brand she recommended, since Metagenics is usually sold in dr.s' offices. I don't know if TwinLabs has the "toxin-free" guarantee on it, but it is important that you choose a brand that assures you its free of mercury and other unwanted substances (Metagenics has this guarantee). By all means STOP taking what you are taking, and try another brand.

Good luck,
    Annette
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

I can't take the fish oil caps either, because I taste them for days. I use flax seed meal in my morning blender drink, or you can get flax seed oil in capsules or liquid also. No after taste at all, in fact the ground flax seeds taste sort of nutty. You can mix them into yogurt or cereal or pretty much anything. I use about 4 tablespoonsful a day, but start slowly with them as they can upset your digestive system with the increased fiber intake. Flax seeds and oil have the good omega 3 fats in them, along with other good for you components that I am absolutlely blocking on right now...(crummy night's sleep last night, I'm fighting brain fog. yuck.) Ummm, lignans, I think?

Peace,
    Beth.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2002]
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This helps with the burping and also keeps the capsules fresh.

Love, Mikie
  8. cls

cls New Member

When I first started the fish oil, I had the fish oil burps too. It dosen't happen anymore. I use the twin labs brand, dale alexander, store it in the refrigerator, and take it just before eating. No more problems.