Yuk!!! I have such a cold!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Feb 1, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am so bummed. I have a terrible cold which forces me to stay home. I did see the doctor late yesterday for antibiotics and Alka Seltzer helps a little.

I hate having a cold!! I wake up feeling terrible.

Sorry, I just wanted to gripe here. I hope everyone else is escaping the cold and flu season...
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

PVlady:
    I am sorry you have the cold. I just bought Alka Seltzer Plus cold medicine. I have seen it advertised on tv so much that I decided to give it a try.
    Yes, I am fighting a cold too.
    Sisters in misery we are.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thanks everyone - you are my sympathetic "family".

I forgot the chicken soup. I hope tomorrow is better for all of us..

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i don't have my spleen and when i get ill it takes for ever it seems to get over that...

i started my airborne stuff and i need totake my zinc stuff...

take care

i know alot of people are getting this now..

jodie
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Also try the Zicam gel in your nose, it really does work. Put it in your nose every 2-3 hours and your cold will really go away sooner.
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thanks. How are you doing? I just hate being inactive when I am sick. I think it being sedentary before made my fibro worse.

Hope all is well...
  7. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

just starting. to get one myself!!! I feel for you!!
  8. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Someone else mentioned Zicam. When I get a cold I get soooo sick. Someone told me about Zicam, and I didn't believe a word of it. But, I went ahead and bought some. I do believe it does help.

I felt like a cold was coming on just this week, and I started using it immediately - no cold.

I had a cold a month ago - used it, and the cold only lasted a couple of days.

Might be worth a try.

Kinsie