Yummy Potatoe Recipes,,

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elliespad, Jan 11, 2007.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

There is NO YUMMIER food in the world than potatoes. I feel WELL qualified to make such an outrageous statement, as I have eaten hundred, even thousands of potatoes in my life. I've eaten so many potatoes, I should be awarded an Honorary Degree in Spudology.

As Ouch has so eloquently sung the praises of the lowly potatoe, and lynna62 was kind enough to share her prized Tater recipe, I too, wanted to pay homage to truely, one of the greatest foods of all time.

Please join me by sharing your amazing Potatoe recipes. No recipe is too simple to be included here. Bring 'em on!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/11/2007]
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Love ANYKIND of potatoe, but favorite is

Mashed Potatoe
    Peel, chunk, boil, drain water, mash
    Add butter (a lot), evaporated milk, salt and pepper

Red Skin Garlic Mashed Potatoes
    Boil chunked (with peels on), drain water
    Add butter (a LOT), evalporated milk, salt, pepper, gresh chopped garlic (a lot)Mash well
    Add Parmasean cheese if you like that, too

Scalloped Potatoes
    Slice Red Skin potatoes (with skin)about 1/4" thick
    Layer in casserole dish, with potatoes, ham chunks (I like to hot dogs) pads of butter, salt and pepper
    Bake 1 hour around 375 degrees

Got to pull others from recipe box.

[This Message was Edited on 01/11/2007]
  3. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi, I posted this recipe on the "Potato Chips are Diet Food Post". Seems like potatoes have taken over the chit chat board!

My mom makes these amazing sliced red potatoes coated/smothered in about 2 TBSP of olive oil (good for ya) and salt (to taste) and bakes them on a cookie sheet with foil on top at 375ish or 400 for about 30 minutes. They are guilt-free and FABULOUS!!

There's also a brand called "Simply Potatoes" that has the red potatoes already sliced up for you (nice!). That's what I use....it's nice not doing the slicing.

4. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Have y'all tried the FROZEN mashed potatoes? They are sooo good and sooo quick. You buy them in a bag, they are frozen into little round chunks. My family loves it when I make them like this:

1 pkg frozen mashed potatoes (I think it's a 30 oz bag)
    1/2 cup water
    8 ozs fat-free cream cheese, cut into cubes
    chopped scallions
    real bacon bits
    shredded cheese

Put first 3 things in a glass mixing bowl.....microwave for 6 minutes at 60% power.

Stir and add scallions and bacon. Microwave for 5 more mins at 60% power.

Stir, add some milk if they are too think. Top with cheese if desired. Watch 'em disappear.