Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hawkeye, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I work in the health care field and I am on my feet most of the day. My back, hips and legs KILL me.(along with my entire body with this stupid disease) I have been noticing a lot of people wearing Z-coil footwear. Does anyone have a pair and do they really help with the pain or is it all hype to suck us in and buy their expensive crazy looking shoes??

2. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

My own doctor wears them in his office-- he said that's what keeps him upright (he broke his back last year, at 72 and still worked, wearing them). The nurses tease him but funny looking or not, they'd seem worth it if they helped!

I'd like to try them out but that's out of my budget. I've been wearing some lined crocks for about a month or two and just LOVE them. I don't work though so I don't know how durable they are.

I hope someone here has some feedback-- great question!

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

My kids gave me the money to buy them for Christmas but the frugal person that is ingrained in me just can't buy them without hearing a littl more positive feedback from my friends and peers. It is a lot of money to pay for shoes but the coil is replaceable and I would keep them at work (not wear them outside) so they would probably last me for years and if they do work you can't put a price tag on that because I really shouldn't be working I am in such bad shape but I have a job that allows me to "sneak" my heating pad in and I work alone 90% of the time, I am the only x-ray tech in a clinic with 5 Dr's so it is a blessing let me tell you, I would never be able to continue in my profession in a hospital enviroment.