zanaflex=2 hours sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lizable11, Apr 18, 2007.

1. lizable11

lizable11 New Member

I mentioned this in a former post about zanaflex and was wondering if anyone else noticed this happening. I usually take 4 mg of zanaflex before bed and specifically take notice of when I'm just falling asleep (or have someone take note of the time i fall asleep). I always wake up exactly 2 hours later, almost to the minute. I wondered if anyone else had this problem? Do I maybe need to increase my dose? Even if I just take 2mg, the same thing happens. It is the best muscle relaxer I have taken, but I can't get back to sleep after I am jolted awake the 2 hours later.
  2. llama

llama New Member

I got no benefit from Zanaflex. My neuro prescribed it for me. I don't remember the dose...brain fog.

It gave me terrible nightmares, an 8 to 12 hour hangover and only gave me 2 hours of sleep also.

I'm presently on Trazodone 150mg. I also take a few other drugs..Ativan 1mg., Robaxin, 1/2-1 Vicodin. Some nights I feel like I could take a whole bottle of something and I still wouldn't sleep! Other nights I get okay sleep quantity but the quality isn't great.

Good Luck with your insomnia!.......Jill..........
  3. mary124

mary124 New Member

I've noticed that too, I usually have to get up to go to the bathroom, and then I can't get back to sleep for about 30-45 minutes which really doesn't do me any good as I have to go to work the next day! but after that I can fall back to sleep -- I wonder way that is. I also take the 4mg. I was prescribe the medication by my pain doctor for bladder spasm, which doesn't really help but I take it now and then so I can get a somewhat good night sleep; on top of the occassional Zanaflex, I take of course other meds including Vesicare, topamax just to name a few.
  4. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

Zanaflex is one of the better muscle relaxers that I've taken and it does help me sleep which is why my doctor gave it to me. I do take Neurontin at bedtime too which helps me sleep also. That could be the difference.

Hugs,
    Pam