zanaflex is anyone using? info please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Dec 11, 2006.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

dr gave me a script for zanaflex im wondering if anyone has stomach upset from it or anything else charlene
  2. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I use it and no tummy issues from it. I love it. It works like anti - depressents do - they get in your system over time and help. I am on Darvocet and Vicidon for pain and both of them are harsh on the stomach to me. Good luck!
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

how much are you taking? thanks charlene
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

thanks for the reply i cant wait till it is sativex aproved here 2 more years the dr gave me 2 mg so im hoping i can take it charlene
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

thats a great name it is the way i feel most of the time im really sorry your dr was such a jerk thanks for you in put charlene
  6. krchamp

krchamp New Member

I take two tablets at night to help me sleep and relax my muscles. It doesn't bother my stomach either.
  7. msmac

msmac New Member

I used to use this, until about February 2006 when I started Lyrica. You may find enough relief from just taking the zanaflex at night only, as I did. My doc kept upping the dose, you can do 20 mg a day, though I could not handle/did not feel I needed more than 4 at bedtime. Never had any stomach upset, no grogginess next day. Used 10 mg of amitriptyline along with this.
  8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

im going to take it later today im just nervous because everything bothers my stomach i dont want to be sick thanks again charlene
  9. eaadams

eaadams New Member

I have used zanaflex for 5 years. You wake up in such a fog, and it really doesn't get the pain level down enough to sleep. Or it didn't for me. I went to the Dr. last Friday. He put me on Lyrica and within the first 24 hours my pain level decreased, fog went away and I am sleeping soooo much better. Talk to your doc. Believe you me. I have tried everything. I tried what every nut put in the internet and every doctor prescribed. This honestly is great. NOT a cure, but definite relief.