Zanaflex?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gwheezy41, Mar 9, 2006.

1. gwheezy41

gwheezy41 New Member

Hi I went to a rheumy for the first time yesterday and was giving a medicine called (Zanaflex), from what I read about it was for ms, can someone tell me anything about it, doctor is also checking for lupus and doing xrays on me. I can't beleive I actually got someone to sit down and really listen to me. My regular md has always taken care of me, but he felt it was time to see a rheumy, I do have other problems like diabetes and asthma. Thank you...Virginia
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I was on zanflex years ago before my FM when I just had back problems. Anyway mine was to be taken at night and it really helped me sleep but didn't do anything for my day time muscle pain so I switched to flexeril. Hope you have good luck with it!

Hugz,
    Tona
  3. sunshine54

sunshine54 New Member

I take 4 mg. 3 x a day. I actually take the Generic - Tizanidine. My PCP rx'd it when flexeril (used for 15 years) quit working about a year ago. I've had no side effects from it either.

I also take 350 mg. of Soma (strong muscle relaxer) 3 X a day. My Neurosurgeon rx'd it after my 2nd cervical fusion.

Sunshine
  4. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I take it for my FM it realxes my muscles at night so I don't wake up so stiff and achy. I take 2 4mg. Have had good success with it. I am diagnosed also with the early stages of Lupus or Mixed connective tissue disorder.
  5. ckzim

ckzim New Member

It did nothing..but the milligram was low...4mg. Even doubling it..did nothing.

I had been on Flexril 10mg..but had been on it too long, and wasn't doing anything anymore.
    Stayed off all muscle relaxers for about a month...(it about killed me) but now the Flexril is working again.

I hope it works for you.
    KathyZ
  6. leubie

leubie New Member

Virginia, Hey!!!! My neurologist rx this for me I take 4mg one a.m., noon,5p.m. and 2 at night. They really help me to sleep. Plus I do not wake up so achey!!!! They take a while to start working so dont give up.The stronger relaxers are too strong for me during the day!Good Luck!LOVE TO ALL-----LAURA