Zanaflex

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CAgirl, Nov 19, 2002.

1. CAgirl

CAgirl New Member

This is a new medication for me. The pharmasist told me it's going to knock me out. Now I'm afraid to take it. Does anyone have any experience with this medication? The tablets are 4mg and the doctor told me to cut them in-half. I'm thinking about cutting them into fourths.
  2. CAgirl

CAgirl New Member

This is a new medication for me. The pharmasist told me it's going to knock me out. Now I'm afraid to take it. Does anyone have any experience with this medication? The tablets are 4mg and the doctor told me to cut them in-half. I'm thinking about cutting them into fourths.
  3. loonie

loonie New Member

Hi:

I just happened to log on just after you posted this message, and I just happen to take Zanaflex.

The med does "knock me out" in that it makes me sleepy and relaxed. I started taking 2mg then went to 4mg. I eliminate the problem of being "zonked" by only taking it just before I go to bed. The first times I took it it was more "zonking" than it is now.

Again, welcome to this board-you can learn a lot and especially it makes you know you are not the only person in the world with "weird" things going on with your disease.

Happy days, Loonie aka Kathe
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2002]
  4. epicurean

epicurean New Member

and I take 4mg. up to four a day.the only time they bother me is when taken on empty stomach,or esp. at the gym if I get up to fast.maybe I'm just used to them after all these months!!
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

I was put on Zanaflex a few months ago to help me sleep. I started at 4 mg each night before bedtime, and it pretty much zonked me. I now take 8 mg with 10 mg Elavil at bedtime for sleep. Even with that I still wake up several times a night, but now I'm able to go back to sleep. If you have a really low tolerance to muscle relaxers, try 2 mg at first. I don't usually take Zanaflex in the daytime; I have Soma to take in the mornings for the stiffness and muscle spasms, but when I ran out of Soma for a week, I took just one Zanaflex one afternoon with my Lortab, and it didn't affect me too much. If you're worried about how it will affect you, try taking 2 mg at bedtime and see how you react to it, and adjust it from there.
  6. CAgirl

CAgirl New Member

Thanks for the information. I will try the medication at night and see how it goes.