Zanaflex...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Belladonna3, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Belladonna3

Belladonna3 Guest

My Rheumy gave me Zanaflex to try. Has anyone tried it? Any relief? No help? I have been on so many meds. Any input please.

Thanks.

Belladonna3
  2. loonie

loonie New Member

Hi, Belladonna3:

My doctor is madwolf and he has RX'd Zanaflex(4mg) for me and I really like it. I have found that it really relaxes me and helps me go to sleep. I have spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease which catch up with me by bedtime and make my back and lower body hurt.

One thing I have found for me is that it works much faster and stronger if I eat a little snack with my Zflex and take them about 1/2 hour before I need to go to bed. I also have Gabitril and use about 4mg of it to keep me asleep for 8 hours. So far I have had no noticable side effects.

This combo helps me to get as good a sleep as I seem to be able. I am one of those who can sleep, but I spend much of my sleep time in stage 1 and 2, along with a lot of REM.

Speaking of this, I am going to post this and go inside and get my meds so I can get to sleep fairly soon. (I have an old schoolbus that I just bought to use as an activity room and a storage shed.)

Will be back on a little later, have a good evening, Loonie
  3. linminpin

linminpin New Member

I was just taken off of it as my blood pressure dropped so low that I fainted. I was on it for about 6 months before this happened. I had a "lightheaded" feeling right after taking it but didn't think to much about it. Just be careful if you have any lightheadedness, o.k.?

[ advertisement ]