zanaflex??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janana, Aug 28, 2003.

1. janana

janana New Member

Anyone used Zanaflex??. My doc just started me on low dose because of my very low tolerence to most meds. 1 mg. Made me just alittle sleepy but no real help with muscle pain or spasms. I've been takingg Serax, anti-anxiety which helps really well with the muscle pain. Sleep is a big problem for me. Both my docs are trying to help me with that. Thanks!! janana
  2. KDBBEV

KDBBEV New Member

I have used it for about 10 months and I am up to 8 mgs at night and at 2 mg during the day. It is the best, it knocks me out real good and I am not drowsey the next morning. Sleep was also a biggggggggg problem for me too. It does help my muscles a lot. You might need to up the dose.

Bev
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

before going to bed if I'm having muscle spasms. I really can't say that it has been any great help for me. What has helped me the most for sleep is Ambien and then if I still can't sleep I can take an Alprazolam (Xanax). I also take Effexor XR which helps with OCD. I used to toss and turn all night worrying and stressing out about everything. The Effexor has stopped this, now I go to bed and fall asleep almost immediately. Of course, I have to admit that since I'm not working I don't even attempt to go to bed until I'm really tired, which is usually between 12am and 3am.

Dara
  4. Reowz

Reowz New Member

I tried zanaflex for awhile but it was no help whatsoever. Only thing it did do was knock me totally out so I couldnt drive anywhere even if I could go and left my 5 yr old on his own (thank goodness he's a great kid). Did nothing for the pain and I was so afraid to push it that I lost even more strength. I do much better with oxycontin and elavil with lorcet for breakthrough pain. I use diff creams and soak in my homemade bathsalts. Will be trying guaifenesin soon. Good luck and good sleeping to you.
  5. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

for about 6 weeks now. I take between a 1/4 mg. to 1 mg. and don't feel groggy in the morning. It helps me fall asleep and with muscle spasms. I also take a half of percocet at bedtime to though because I used to wake up with pain in the middle of the night. Now I sleep 2-3 hours and then can go back to sleep for another 2-3. I hope it works for you.

Lisa
  6. Tammybl

Tammybl New Member

I've taken 8 mg for about a yr now. It used to help me fall asleep but now all it does is give me extreme headaches.
  7. KayL

KayL New Member

for about a year. 8 mg at night with 10 mg Elavil. I stopped taking it for a couple of months because it was causing me to have hallucinations (a rare side effect). But my sleep quality has been poor lately so I've added it back in, keeping the dose at 4 mg. So far, so good.....

Karen
  8. nanny457

nanny457 New Member

I am new to the board - well actually been a lurker for a year or so but this is my first post (Ahhh) I have been on Zanaflex for almost a year now & up to 12mg a night. Seems to be working. One thing I did want to say was as soon as I started taking Zanaflex most of the weight I gained with Flexiril fell off! What a nice side effect. I don't know if this happens to all but I was happy!

Take care!

Robin
  9. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

I only take Zanaflex when I have RLS (restless leg syndrome) sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I take 4 mg and it ususally knocks me right out. 1 mg seems like an awfully low dose, perhaps you could talk it over with your doc about upping that. Tulip