ZELNORM does anyone take it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Aug 23, 2006.

1. My dr. gave me some, but boy oh boy DIAREHA big time. Does it stop once your body gets used ot it? I am afraid to leave the house.
  2. tracii

tracii New Member

when it first came out. It didn't work for me then & doesn't work for me now.

Sorry I couldn't help answer your Q's since it never worked one bit for me. I'd be so happy to have a bout of the big D right now!
  3. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Didn't work for my daughter. I never tried it. What worked great and still does for both of us is "Natural Calm" magnesium. I forget the name of the company, but they're in Calif. and some health food stores carry it. Some people have done well on natural aloe. Good luck!
  4. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I've been taking it for 3 years now. I'm trying to wean myself off it as it works & it doesn't work as my digestive system certainly has a mind of its own.

I'm hoping to reduce my costs for my meds, but this is a hard place to pinch pennies. I've been impacted 2xs & had surgery for a fissure so I'm always concerned about any indications toward constipation or diarrhea.

Increased fiber was terrible for me & made things much worse.
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

but it isn't covered in Manitoba by Pharmacare, so I can't afford it! I am hoping that will change sometime, as it isn't that new of a drug. I have tried some samples, and it didn't really do anything, but I am wondering if for some people it just takes longer to start to work?
  6. eating ginger? Can you use the canned spice? And how?
  7. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

If you get in touch with the drug company that makes Zelnorm and your doctor gives a letter stating that you NEED this medicine then they will give it to for free. Find their web site and look on there for something about it. Then you can print out the necessary papers and have your doc fill them out. Alot of drug companies do this now. Good Luck
  8. adberens

adberens New Member

Zelnorm works great for me. I have never been so regular in my entire life. I had IBS very bad. No constipation or diareha now.
  9. swedderb

swedderb New Member

zelnorm really does work if u have been experiencing bad constipation and back pain it works for both!!!

zelnorm honestly saved my life i was contemplating bad things before i took it and now it solved both my major problems!!!yay!! just keep on it and remember to take it about 5 minutes before every meal and ull be fine also take fiber daily with it.
  10. swedderb

swedderb New Member

zelnorm really does work if u have been experiencing bad constipation and back pain it works for both!!!

zelnorm honestly saved my life i was contemplating bad things before i took it and now it solved both my major problems!!!yay!! just keep on it and remember to take it about 5 minutes before every meal and ull be fine also take fiber daily with it.