ZELNORM, does it work quickly for you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ll1816, Jan 25, 2007.

1. ll1816

ll1816 Member

Hi all:

I just started Zelnorm a couple of days ago for my IBS. For those of you who take it and are finding that it works for you, did it take awhile to begin 'working'?

I've been taking it for 3 days and so far...nothing.

Thanks to all for your help!

Hugs,
    Liz
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

How much are you taking? I do take it, and it does work.

I was initially given 6 mg tablets and was to take one 2 X day.

It was too strong so I cut back to 3 mg twice a day.

I go at least twice a day. I read that after 6 monthes, you it can stop working. If that happens the doctor advised you stop it for 2 weeks and begin again.

Are you taking 6 mg twice a day? I believe that is the usual beginning dose. Also, you might add Miralax with it.

Miralax is prescription and very easy on your system. It is a odorless, powder you mix with water. Very easy to take. I read on a internet forum many people took it with the Zelnorm.

3. ll1816

ll1816 Member

Thanks for your reply. Yep, I take 6mg. twice a day. I've not experienced any relief at all.

Do you remember if it worked for you the first day? I'm hoping it's just my stubborn body and that it will work within the week.

I'll look into the Miralax also and ask my doctor about it. I tried Lactulose and it worked after about a week, but it made me sooooo gassy!

Gentle hugs,
    Liz
  4. ll1816

ll1816 Member