Zelnorm

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BronzeWomn, Dec 3, 2005.

1. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

This is prolly an old topic. But, I went to the Gastro Dr this pass Friday cause I have sluggish bowel {ibs} He told me to take Zelnorm. Until, My other test comes back. My question. Is anyone take this medication.? Can you all tell me if you has any of the side effects, such at headaches, tummy pain and or dirahea? How do u like it? Did u have to take it evrryday? Thanks for your time.
  2. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I was given zelnorm a few months back - gastro doc told me to expect dirahea to your body adjusts to it........And yes, I did get dirahea - which I could handle that to my body adjusted, but I also had some pretty bad cramping, headaches, that did not go away with time....

Just my personal experience - gastro took me off of it - but I have heard of other people having great sucess with it.......

Wishing you the best.........Donna
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I took the medication for a short period of time. Immediately I got a headache and it did not work at all for my constipation. I told my doctor and he said he had not heard of that side effect. I looked it up on the web to find that it is a side affect of the medication and for many people the drug is not effective.
  4. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

my PCP gave it to me for constipation. When I went to my Lyme doc, he had me change to Miralax, which IS for constipation, Zelnorm is for IBS.
  5. Nanledaroe

Nanledaroe New Member

Several months ago, my dr. put me on zelnorm because of constipation. He told me to take 2 pills per day (I take one in the morning and one at night) and that if I were to get diarrhea, to decrease to just one pill per day. I have not had any side effects at all...not even diarrhea...but I'm not having much relief from my constipation either.

I recently went to a gastro dr., who has me scheduled for a colonoscopy on Dec. 15th. I'm hoping to find some answers at that time.