ZERPED in Portland!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cerise, Jan 4, 2006.

1. cerise

cerise New Member

Hey There! We have a group of about 17 of us all from Oregon, mostly Portland area and some of us scattered in Central Oregon and south of Portland, like me.

Majority of the group has FMS but the CFS'ers are not too far behind, with most of us being homebound. We're all at various stages of how long we have had this DD.

It all started early last year with a post similiar to the one you responded to and a lady from central Oregon (cookstove on the board) got a PO Box and anyone who was interested mailed her their e-mail address and she would write back and let the rest of the group know. Cookstove also coordinates meetings at a Portland coffee shop once a month or so. They just had a meeting last week!

I think her PO Box expired in October and I know she has been really sick and not on the boards to much. But I will let her know and see what's going on.

The group has been really supportive and some good friends have been made this past year. Having moved to Oregon from California, it was really great for me and it is always wonderful and enlighting to chat with others who know what you're going through. I think I have CFS the longest (diagnosed in 1987, disabled since 93) but not much has changed in all those years.

Happy New Year and keep in touch. Don't float away!

Linda Cerise

2. cerise

cerise New Member

3. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I'm only 50 miles away from Portland, wish I could meet up with you but no way to get there.
  4. cerise

cerise New Member

Meetings are only part of the group deal and in fact I have never been to one myself as I have no way of getting there also. One of our members lives in Salem and she doesn't go to the meetings either.

The meetings are informal on who can make it basis. But we do e-mail each other regularly and some not so regularly. It's an exhange of information plus a very good support group, although some of us have never met each other! There's no money involved and no sales pitches of any kind. It's just getting more detailed and personal than you can get on these boards.

I just found out the PO Box is still open! It's listed here under a post or two from last year under the username of "cookstove". You might be able to find it that way. I will try to find it out later on too.

By the way, I'm in Eugene. Good to hear from you!

Linda
  5. cerise

cerise New Member

Hey, just got good news. The post office box is still open for the support group in Oregon.

If interested, just send your name and e-mail address to Cookstove (Glenda)at PO Box 58 Culver, OR 97734. She will get back to you with more information about our support group.

Meetings are optional and in fact there hasn't been one the past 2 months due to everyone's schedule. Let me know when you send your snail mail so I can alert Glenda when to check her box.

Linda

P.S. No solicitation and no dues involved and no sharing e-mail addresses except with those in the group.
  6. cerise

cerise New Member

bumping
  7. over50

over50 New Member

bumping

have a good evening.
  8. over50

over50 New Member

bumping

have a good evening.
  9. over50

over50 New Member

10. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I will mail her my info
  11. cerise

cerise New Member

I'll let her know and look forward to hearing from you.