Zggygirl....Answer for you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CdnGirl, Jul 19, 2003.

1. CdnGirl

CdnGirl New Member

Hi! Sorry for the delay but I'm rather new to this and hadn't checked back on topics I had replied to.

CPK levels are the reading that comes from bloodwork that indicated if there is tissue damage in the muscles. Usually if it is high, it could indicated that one has had a heart attack. My reading was around 800, normal is under 100 but mine was (most likely) from running a 1/2 marathon in October and again in May. So all the training ruined me. I haven't run since, I'm too fatigued If you aren't aware, we do not heal well because of our sleep disorders (no REM stage means NO healing). Anyhow, if your friend worked out with weights or had some vigorous workout prior to the bloodwork that too work create a high reading.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, just ask!

2. CdnGirl

CdnGirl New Member

I don't consider you argumentative at all. The quacks at my sleep clinic led me to believe that Stage IV and REM were one in the same.

Thanks for the clarification.
  3. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi!
    thanks for your reply about CPK levels. I'll pass the info along to my girlfriend. She got the usual run around with the doctors. "There's something wrong you need to see this doc. There's nothing wrong"...and around and around. So she gave up but was still wondering.
    Jan, thanks for the info on stages of sleep. So then stage IV comes after 4 which is the dreaming stage?
    I find sleep and what actually happens during it fascinating. Anytime you are bored {;-)} and would like to write about what you learned I would certainly love to hear it. And I know others have posted enough about good/verses bad sleep that they would too!
    Take it easy,
    Ziggy