Zith/Mepron Update

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by llelnino, Sep 18, 2008.

1. llelnino

llelnino New Member

Hello you guys/gals its been 9 days of Zith/Mep for Positive Babesia test but I cant really say that I've had any type of herx which is really starting to worry me.

The only thing I notice is in the afternoon I start to get sleepy, could be a side effect of Zith/Mep I'm not sure. Any also I've been walking 30 mins pretty much everyday without feeling completely drained the next day. Before I couldnt do that. Agsin I dont know if it is from Zith/Mep or from something else.

I still feel extremely brain fogged, lightheaded and dizzy. Also my appetite or lack there of hasnt improved.

Mike
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2008]
  2. llelnino

llelnino New Member

How do you know that the Babesia is a newer infection and that she didnt contract it at the sametime with Lyme?

I am taking Chorella for detox.

Mike
  3. llelnino

llelnino New Member

that makes sense.
  4. llelnino

llelnino New Member

I am on Day 21 of Zith/Mepron treatment and I cant really tell if I've had any real herxes which worried me so I called my LLMD and she said not to worry that not everyone herxes. Last night and this morning I did however feel extra dizzy and sleepier than usual so maybe this is a herx. I sure hope so.

Mike
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I don't herx much. If I do it's some mild joint pain where it feels like my knees are on fire. This happens everytime I change Abx.

I didn't herx on Flagyl and really got worried about that. Then about 4 weeks into it I got a very bad bout of major depression. Like I wanted to jump off a bridge. My doc said to stop the Flagyl immediately. It reversed itself right away.

I took Zith & Malarone for 4 months for Babs. The constant sweating went away as did my FM pain. I no longer had to change clothes 2-4 times after taking a bath/shower.

This summer was the first one I've really enjoyed in years. Before this, I was too hot and sweaty and felt barfy when in the sun. I put in 7 flower beds this summer. That's something I wanted to do for over 4 years but didn't feel motivated or energetic enough.