ZMA again / blood pressure????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Jan 2, 2003.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

Ok you guys convinces me and I am giving ZMA another try. Two nights and no sleep improvement but have noticed a real improvement in my bp. Know the mg lowers it and think taking the 300 mgs at night and then low doses during the day keeps it at a more even level. Who knows if this will last but thought it was interesting.
  2. shell

shell New Member

5 docs later and I found one that knows what he is talking about. He said that your body will not return or show normal levels for one month on supplements for zinc/magnesium/selenium. I don't know if zma has selenium but he mentioned that is a common deficiency associated with the zinc def. So I would give it a good month!! take care.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It took me a good two weeks for the ZMA to really work. The longer I take it, the better I am sleeping. It did keep me awake for about two nights though.

Mikie suggested taking it earlier in the day instead of at night. I did not try this, but I read a post that she made that statement.

I take mine at 10pm, I go to bed about 12 midnight (this is my routine, so if you want to go to bed early, do so!), right before I go to bed, I take a 3 milligram of Melatonin to help me fall asleep.

Glad to hear about your b/p! that is great.

I have also noticed that my pain is less all the time, and I rarely get into a bad flare anymore.

Also I have fingernails for the first time in years, and the ridges on them are gone! Who knows? could the ZMA work for this too??

Good luck, and I do so hope it works for you too.

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]