zma and elavil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srollins, Mar 29, 2003.

1. srollins

srollins New Member

I am taking 25mg of elavil at bedtime I am suppose to take 50mg but I refuse to do so cause when I wake up in the morning I feel like I got run over with a train rather than just a mack truck. I am wondering if it would be okay if I took the ZMA along with the Elavil before bed. I can't call my DR. because he has a posted rule that you cannot call for anything,If you need advice you have to make an appointment and since I won't see him until June I guess I am out of luck.
    So do any of you take both. I am interested mainly for help in sleeping!

Thanks , Hope everyone is doing well today, considering!
    Shirley
  2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I take elavil 50mg and the ZMA. I have found the ZMA is more of a stimulant for me so I take it at around 6pm. Take the elavil 1/2hr before bedtime. Slept really good last night but had to take 1/2 ambein to stop the racing brain thing. I really hate the way ambein makes me feel. Kind of depressed the next day. I see no reason why you can not take the two together like mel says its natural.
  3. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I don't think I like the sounds of your doc!! Anyways you can always call your pharmicist, I think they know more than doc's on mixing things. Good luck!! Love, Deb
  4. srollins

srollins New Member

Thanks for your fast replies. Well I got my zma today so tonight I am going to start with one cap as you recomended and go from there. I will let you know in a week or so how I am doing.
    Yes sometimes I do get agitated with my Rheumy, He has all kinds of rules in his office however I have gone to him for 15 years after a number of other Drs. and he has done the most for me plus he was very helpful in getting me on SSI. That is more than I can say about my PCP whom I saw just this week and got a lecture because I was on SSI and he knows alot of people on it that shouldn't be.And alot of people that need to be on it that can't get it.By the time I left there I felt like a creep;
    So until something better comes along I will abide by the rules.LOL
    Thanks again, Hugs, Shirley
    PS Mel I read some of your other posting-You sound like a real character. Do you have this DD or what? I didn't see any messages pertaining to that.Just wondering!!!!Your poor wife!