ZMA and Fibro-Response = okay?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anchor, Mar 26, 2003.

1. anchor

anchor Member

Hi all.

I am looking into nutritional supplements and feel confident they will work well for me. The only Tx I have tried that works for me is Flexeril, but I don't care for the side effects. This seems like a good time to try them since my pain level has been low and I am feeling pretty good these days. I want to keep on feeling this way, so want to get started on supplements.

So, since I have heard such great things about ZMA for sleep and pain and energy - I have bought that. Did you knowthat Twin Labs sells a ZMA product that is VERY popular with body-builders? Interesting. I also bought Fibro-Response. I am wondering if it's ok to take the two together, considering that Fibro-response has a lot of vitamins and minerals too. Is there such a thing as too much of these? In the past I have taken SeaSilver and wonder if I should stop taking that.

Here is an ingredient list for Fibro-Response.
    Ingredients
    SUPPLEMENTAL FACTS: 3 tablets contain:
    Vitamin A (as Beta Carotene) 5000 IU
    Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid and Magnesium Ascorbate) 50 mg
    Thiamin (Vitamin B-1) 30 mg
    Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 30 mg
    Niacin and Niacinamide 50 mg
    Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 40 mg
    Folate (as Folic Acid) 200 mcg
    Pantothenicd Acid (as Calcium D-Pantothenate) 50 mg
    Magnesium (as Magnesium Malate, Oxide and Ascorbate) 300 mg
    Zinc (as Zinc Citrate and Monomethionine [OptiZinc®]) 15 mg
    Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine and Sodium Selenite) 100 mcg
    Copper (as Copper Sebacate) 1 mg
    Manganese (as Manganese Citrate) 12.5 mg
    Chromium (as Chromium Polynicotinate [ChromeMate®]) 100 mcg
    Molybdenum (as Molybdenm Aspartate Citrate) 90 mcg
    Malic Acid 1,200 mg
    MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) 1,125 mg
    GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid) 150 mg
    Bupleurum Root 125 mg
    Milk Thistle Seed Extract
    Yielding 67 mg Silymarin 84 mg
    N-Acetyl Cysteine 75 mg
    Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (50:1) 60 mg
    Dandelion Root Extract 50 mg
    alpha-Lipoic Acid 50 mg
    Siberian Ginseng Root Extract 25 mg
    Ginger Root 15 mg
    Skullcap Aerial Parts 15 mg
    Pinellia Root 15 mg
    Coenzyme Q10 15 mg
    Licorice Root Extract 10 mg
    Black Pepper Fruit Extract (Bioperine®) 3 mg
    Other ingredients: stearic acid, acacia, modified cellulose gum, colloidal silicon dioxide & magnesium stearate.

Thanks, Anchor
  2. teawah

teawah New Member

You will be fine taking both. Take the fibro-response early in the day and remember (VERY IMPORTANT) to take it only after a meal as it will not do any good to take it on an empty stomach. It will just flush right out of your system and you will be wasting your money.

The ZMA is to be taken at night and I really hope it works as well for you as it does for me. I am one of the ones that swears by it and tell everyone I can. I originally found mine through Twin Labs. I got it to take after working out at the gym. Is the one your talking about called Strength Fuel w/ZMA? That's the one I take. When I run out of this one I will probably order it through Pro Health as it is less expensive.

Good Luck with your new sups
    teawah
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I take ZMA, and it is a miracle supplement for me. Yes, I am aware that it is sold and was developed for Body Builders to heal their strained muscles.

The only brand that has worked for me is by 'SNAC', they originally developed it for body builders.

I buy mine here at Pro Health, it is the SNAC brand, and is much cheaper than in the stores. Pro Health now sells it for its members.

I don't know if you would be getting too much zinc for one. As for the magnesium, well I also take Pro Energy, which is also Malic Acid, Malgnesium Glycinate. I am doing well with these two.

Maybe others can help you with this. The amounts of zinc would be the only thing that I would be concerned about. ZMA has the right amount for men or women for a daily dose.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. anchor

anchor Member

Thanks for sharing yor experience.

Regarding the twin labs ZMA, I did consider this brand, however the ZMA from Nature's Plus has the same ingredients - zinc, b-6 and magnes. but ALSO a 'proprietary anabolic support factor', 2500mg of SOMETHING (??? - I cannot find an ingredient list to this part of the product)....so, my concern is that what if this 'anabolic suppot factor stuff is all the ingredients that Fibro-Response has in it?

So, I could take the Twin Labs ZMA and the fibro-response, since the ingredients don't have the potential to overlap.

Not sure if what I have written conveys what I am trying to say, but just don't want to verload my system, as I am not sure what too much vitamins and minerals and herbal supplements would do. Also, do you find the SAME results with either brand? Or might one affect you differently?

So, any thoughts on this?