ZMA and headaches?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Jul 7, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

Does anyone else get them? I took it twice and only 1 pill. It helped with deeper sleep but I woke up with headaches that lasted almost all day and I never get headaches. Did anyone else get this? I am not sure what woudl be causing the headaches..it only has calcium, zinc and mag
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

No problem with headaches here.
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Check out the zinc as I am pretty sure calcium doesn't cause headaches. It would either be the zinc or magnesium. I'm leaning towards the zinc...

I do know that in vitamins iron gives me a headache. Wish I could help you more.

I rarely get headaches either.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thank you for posting your question. I normally take mag only and recently started ZMA. I have had headaches every morning and I did not relate it to the supplement. I have been trying to figure out what was happening.

I will not be taking it tonight.

Thanks again.
  5. jane32

jane32 New Member

I just took a break from it too and no headaches so I will try it again this week.

So weird b/c I like the stuff.
  6. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I took it for several nights and ended up with a headache and it didn't do a thing for my sleep unfortunately.

Sue in Ontario
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

No headaches here only nice restfull sleep :)
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have been taking ZMA for four years or longer, no headaches at all, just deep sleep.

I don't know what brand you are taking? I used the SNAC brand at first, then when PH started selling the SNAC, I started using PH's brand (which is the same).

I tried other brands, but they did not work for me, but no headaches.

I used to get horrible headaches, all the time. What was causing mine was not drinking plain water.

Now I drink more than half my weight in ounces of plain water a day, and the headaches are gone. It seems my brain was dehydrated!

Are you a water drinker? plus you are suppose to drink at least 8-10 ounces of water when you take ZMA, or anyother supplement/herbs/meds. I take two capsules each night.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I got mine from PH and it really helped with sleep. I was going to sleep before I took my prescription sleep meds.

Last night I went back to another magnesium supplement from PH also. I woke up with another headache. Maybe the headaches are not from ZMA or it hasn't cleared my system yet.

I'm glad it helps you. I do think it is a great sleep aid and I do have other reasons that may be causing the headaches to start again.

10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This formula does not contain calcium. In fact, the directions state that one should not take calcium with the ZMA. The formula sold here contains magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B-6.

Love, Mikie
  11. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I wanted to correct what I had posted earlier on this thread and I have deleted it also.. I said that ZMA was given me headaches when I meant to say it was the Pro Energy.

Does anyone know why pro energy would give me headaches? I love to take it because I believe it helps.. But when I take it I get headaches, and when I stop, the headaches go away. It might be coincedence but that has been my experience over the last year.

Does this happen to anyone else and do you know what may be causing it?