ZMA AND SLEEP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Mar 19, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

for those taking ZMA is this product something that works the first time you try it- or does it need to be built up in your system. Mine should get here anyday.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have heard of this happening to others when they try ZMA. It gave me too much energy to sleep! I had to start off with only one capsule in the afternoon and work my way toward bedtime. Eventually, I could tolerate two capsules. At that point, it helped me immensely for sleep and pain.

Love, Mikie
  3. sofy

sofy New Member

the first time I took it I didnt sleep at all the whole night. I had to ease into it like Mikie did. I still dont get the best quality sleep but am much better than I was.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The first time I tried it, it did keep me awake, that kind of scared me, but I took it earlier, like around 6 pm. Then after a few days, I was well on my way to success!

I find that I sleep best from 12 midnight to 1am. So I take the ZMA at 10pm, then the Melatonin right before bed. I am usually sleeping within half an hour.

It took me about 10 days to get these results. I now sleep at the least 7-8 hours a night, deeply. If I do wake for a bathroom call, I can go right back to sleep.

Mel is right, getting relief from Fibro starts with a goodnights sleep. I never in my life slept like I do now. My pain from Fibro has been way down, and have not had a serious flare in a year.

My husband took the 3 capsules, they worked for him in three days, but hay, men are always lucky!!

I did start with the 2 capsules, and am still taking that same amount. As I went along with them, I have been sleeping better and better. I am now taking ZMA for one year since Feburary.

Good luck, and I do so hope you get the same wonderful results that I have gotten.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. judywhit

judywhit New Member

last week I was so excited because I slept one night like a baby without the aid of anything. Thought is was the elevil kicking in. Then the next 3 nights.....awake most of the nights.
    I received my ZMA yesterday and took 2, 1 hr before bed. But, I also took an ambein because I was so in need for sleep. Will try the ZMA alone tonight. I think I will try it around 7pm because I too have strange results from thinkgs that should help me sleep. I am going to start a sleep diary tonight too. If I find something that works I want to make sure i get the times and quanity I take down. I truly believe that if I could sleep I could get over 1/2 of my life back. Thanks friends and I will keep you posted on the zma.
    Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/20/2003]
  6. starstella

starstella New Member

about ZMA and sleep. I eagerly looked forward to getting my supply of ZMA, envisioning a sound sleep night, and to my surprise, could not get to sleep. Now I know to build up to it gradually. Thanks for the post and the info.
  7. Katee

Katee New Member

I started taking ZMA and melatonin around the first of January. I was desperate for good sleep and did not want to take the prescription my dr. gave me. I have been SO lucky because the ZMA and melatonin combo works for me.
    I sleep much, much better, feel pretty good in the morning,
    loads less pain, and I can make it through my teaching day.
    I even have a bit more energy in the evening. I am thankful that some of my life is coming back.