ZMA causing sleep problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Flibble, May 29, 2003.

1. Flibble

Flibble New Member

I have been taking the ZMA now for about 1 month and I think it is keeping me from sleeping. I was wondering if anyone else got this effect from it or I am just odd man out again for meds. Thanks for the help. Flibble
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can't understand how it is keeping you awake? I have been taking the ZMA now for over a year, and have been sleeping better that I ever did in my whole life. It did take 10 days to 2 weeks to really work. But the longer I take it, the better I sleep.

I take it at 10pm, and don't go to sleep untill about 12am. I do take a 3 milligram of Melatonin right before bed to help me fall asleep.

Are you taking the Pro Health or SNAC brand? I did try GNC's brand first and it did nothing for me. Can't expalin why, not a clue.

Sure hope you figure this one out..........

Shalom, Shirl
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I tried it once, and within 45 minutes after taking the first pill, my heart started going like a racehorse and continued on for several hours. Needless to say, I gave those darned things away!

Marilyn :)
  4. Flibble

Flibble New Member

I take the Pro Health kind. It just seems like I am not sleeping as well as before I was taking it. I started taking it because it got such rave reviews here and I was sleeping badly. At first it seemed to help now it seems to make it worse. When I don't take it I sleep better. I was just wondering if anyone else had problems with it. Thanks. Flibble
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Flibble, I don't know what to tell you. It does happen, what helps some of us does not help others.

It is so good for healing the muscles, that it would be ashame to stop taking it, unless you take it earlier in the evening? Give that a try and see what happens.

Let me know how you are doing.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Hi,
    I have been researching ZMA and came across
    some like you. Some said it was due to
    the B6. Someone in on the development of one
    of them said they had to keep fiddling with
    the dosage of B6 because it was causing a problem.
    Seems strange since I thought b6 was suppose
    to calm us.

Will try it tonight I guess.
    Lynn
  7. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I also found that it did not help me :( Kept me awake too. tried it for one month and gave the remainder to a friend. she too did not like it. Pro-health brand. I will not try it again, any brand. but, am so happy for those it has helped. it is worth a try for anyone with sleepless nights. but, does not work the same for all.
    Judy