ZMA is great but I am a "Loose Goose," any advice?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeryn, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Aeryn

Aeryn New Member

I am now down to 1 ZMA cap a day and still have gas and soft stools. I felt best, amazing really, on 3 a day but it gave me the runs.

Can anyone share their experience here? Does this go away?

Thanks,

Aeryn
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Since it is helping you, try one every second day and see what happens.

Maybe you can work your way up to at least one a day, then the two.

I am taking two ZMA at night, another form of magnesium (Pro Energy) twice a day, and if I am in a Flare than I will also take Calm, which is magnesium citrate all in the same day! It keeps my bowels soft but normal.

You might have to build it up to at least the two of the ZMA.

Give that a try and see what happens, and let us know.

Shalom, Shirl

3. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i have been using Magnesium Glycinate instead of Mag citrate and that gives me the good effect in helping me sleep without quite such a drastic response on the other end !

cheers,
    pinkquartz
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

before going onto ZMA. I've also working hard at treating my ibs and candida which continues to have an increasing good effect so my diarrhea is less anyway.

Even so I did have some problems with ZMA, so just as Shirl suggested I used one every other day then gradually built it up. Now up to full dose and find it helps.

Hope you find a way around this. Most of us need magnesium.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/05/2003]
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Ugh! I can't take any Supplements to begin with, and if I eat food's that are High in Mag. then I get, First Nausead, then I get the "Big D", and to me that is like, take me out and shoot me type of pain and discomfort, although that isn't a strong enough description of what I go through.

I ate some Brocliic(Shoot can't spell), and it really made me sick, I thought my gut was going to explode.
    Took 2 days to recover, so it's back to carrot's, till I can find something else that I can eat, that's a veggie.

I can't even eat Cherrio's, and I miss them.

Not that I'm glad for the company, but for the longest tme, I was the only one on the board who couldn't take ZMA, or some of the other Calcium supplements too.

I saw an ad for what looked like a good Vit. sup. but they spoiled it by adding Orange flavoing to it. Can't have anything that is Orange, citrus fruit's, and forget Melons of any kind.
    No egg's either, no Meats, just chicken, and Yet, I don't have a Vit. defeciney. Hmmm?

But I do give out the Phamplet's from this site, because I think everyone should have the right to know what else might be of help to them beside, Med's, and OTC meds.

I have heard from a Friend, who Loves their product's, But she still, bug's me to "Just Try this PleasSSSSSE? Lol.

Sharon
    [This Message was Edited on 07/05/2003]
  6. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

I know the two work together but I absolutely cannot take Magnesium (or any mineral supplements for that matter) and I'm concerned about my need for Calcium.

Actually I've never had the opportunity to take calcium without magnesium but I would really like to try.

The information I get from this board is incredible...

Thanks.