ZMA is helping me sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dee50, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I just wanted to say that 2 Zma's at night with a tall glass of water is helping me sleep better. I wake up feeling more rested and not as achy. Thank you Pro Health!
    This is the first thing I've taking that I know is helping. I go to bed at 11.00 and wake up at 7 in the morning. I all so take the multi of FM I spilt it in half.
    Dee50
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so glad the ZMA is helping you. Many who have tried it have had excellent results. Shirl swears by it.

Love, Mikie
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

It's sure nice to get a good nights sleep. I've gotten several in a row.lol Makes ya feel like a new person.
    Hope you are feel better I know you where fighting something. I'm praying for your daughter and you. It's so hard on us when our kids are having health problems. You have a great looking grandchild. My daughter is 5 months along with her 2nd child it's so cool. March 6th we find out if it's a boy or girl. She is very big poor girl I feel sorry for her.
    Take care,
    Dee50
  4. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

I just went and ordered it because of this thread, so this will be my first order through Pro health! Thanks for the suggestion!

Trish
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

One thing to note is that you are not supposed to take ZMA and dairy or calcium supplements together. I called ProHealth about why this was and they could only tell me that the ZMA formulation would not work optimally when taken with calcium.

I take ZMA, too, so I've started taking calcium at dinner time instead of bed time.

Unfortunately, their product Peaceful Nights also contains calcium. So I guess I'll have to stop that one. Seems odd that you can't take them together.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

First, Dee, congratulations! Let us know what the new baby will be.

I posted that my daughter's new ultrasound showed it is a fibroid on the outside. Good news! She will have it out later but at least, it's not ovaria cancer. Thanks for your prayers.

The ZMA is a proprietory formula of zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6. It is designed to help with sleep and repair muscles. Some body builders use it.

It should not be taken with calcium because calcium and magnesium bind together in the body. That means that if you take the calcium with the ZMA, less magnesium is available for the body's use by itself.

If the ZMA makes you more energetic instead of calm, take it in the afternoon and then take it later and later. I walk the line between taking it too early or taking it too close to the Klonopin. It works OK with Klonopin but not if taken too close together.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate it.

Love, Mikie
  9. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

Thanks for the tips. It'll be here Friday. :) Any problems taking it with the Ambien and Melotonin/Valerian combo? I think I'll start by taking a little earlier as you suggested.

Trish
    [This Message was Edited on 03/02/2006]
  10. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Sorry I spelled your name wrong Mikie and thanks for answering the questions about ZMA. I too will keep praying for your daughter. I got a good night sleep again last night.

Mikie I have learned some much from you about things I thank you for taking the time to share. My heart is heavy for Rain this morning.
    Take care,
    Dee50
  11. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

...for my questions for Mikie. :)

Trish
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't know about these drugs. You might ask your pharmacist. Magnesium can react with some meds.

Love, Mikie
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, I pray she is doing better. Thanks again for the prayers for my daughter. Just learning that it is a fibroid was a huge relief.

Thanks too for your kind words. I appreciate them. I got so much help here when I was first sick that I swore if I ever learned something which I could share, that I would.

Love, Mikie
  14. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

Thanks Mikie. Will do. :)

Trish