zoloft

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dverre, Sep 7, 2005.

1. dverre

dverre New Member

Did anyone take zoloft and get a restful sleep with it. I was prescribed this and was just wondering what other people thought.

In the side effects is says sleeplessness. Hoping it is a rare side effect

Thanks

dverre
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

But I didn't get along with any of them. Made me sleep around the clock and "numb" to the world. It's been a long time, but I think zoloft make me very sick to my stomach.

If this is for sleep and not depression then why don't you ask him for one of the sleep medications? Ambien
    and xyrem get good results. I take lunesta and it's approved for long term use.

I tend to get preachy about this .... so I apologize.
    I think AD's are great for depression ... I just don't get
    why they seem to be the first rx of choice for what ails us.

I do have a very good friend who has been helped greatly with her depression with zoloft, but I don't know
    if she has any sleep issues with it.

Good luck,

Elsa
  3. SingFMAway

SingFMAway New Member

for generalized anxiety. I don't think it has interrupted my sleep or made me sleepy at the wrong times. It has increased my appetite (which was good in the beginning seeing as I had lost my appetite due to depression!) I think I've found the right dose though that is a good balance between keeping the anxiety under control and not making me gain too much weight.

I take a very small dose of Elavil at bedtime to help me sleep.

All drugs effect people differently. It works for me. You'll just have to see what happens and keep in touch with your dr.

Good luck!
    SingFMAway
  4. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I used to take it but switched to cymbalta, feel much better now.
    Sue
  5. mommy22

mommy22 New Member

I was on Zoloft twice. It didn't make me more restless, but sure didn't help the situation. I am easily taken over by those kind of side effects though. The first time I was on it, I had a nice balance for a while. I felt better and therefore slept better. My mind wouldn't race all night. This was short lived and I grew annoyed by the constant "upping" and adding to find the right balance again. Hope you get some good sleep! Sonya
  6. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

I started taking zoloft about a month ago, low dosage 50mg for my newly dx CFS. Makes me very drowsy, so I started taking it in the evenings. I sleep quite soundly now, I was always an extremely light sleeper.

I think it has helped with the brain fog a little, Dr said it might take weeks before I felt a difference. Going back in 3 weeks to see if I'll stay on zoloft or try something else.

Ridge-Runner
  7. Risk

Risk New Member

I take a small dose of zoloft in the morning with 1/4mg of klonopin. Helps relieve the usual morning pains. It may have affected my sleep in a good way. I seem to fall asleep faster, and instead of waking up at 1 or 2, now I can usually sleep through till 5am.

Good luck.

Rene